Author Topic: S&M Intrikat Signature Frame 20.5", 20", 19.5" and 19"  (Read 143636 times)

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
Re: S&M Intrikat Signature Frame 20.5", 20", 19.5" and 19"
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Here's a pic of my dropout. Probably not a great one. So I have a half link in my chain - if I take it out then the chain is too short, leave it in and I have this issue. Quamen is the only one who makes a 3/8 to 14mm tensioner and I had to modify the bolts, etc so the peg would not hit it so it's kind of working although the peg is definitely off the dropout. Right now I'm looking at either having to change sprocket size which I don't really want to do because I like my gear ratio or perhaps going to 1.5 pegs might help but don't like that either. KHE dubz don't work either. I can't go lower then my front 23t sprocket without replacing my cranks.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 08:47:08 PM »
Chad - I'm running a 23t/11t so not sure what's up. Again love the bike just having a few issues hopefully I'll get worked out soon. Stressing trying to get it working before the Anderson comp that's all.

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
spanish bb on a s&m? wasn't s&m one of the few american companies that took issue with fly bike's spanish bb's name and royalty fees?
chad rides pegless, relies heavily on the cranks/ bb system and the frame is a  'signature' frame, so....
and what happened to the mtf custom that you won?

I still have the MTF bike. My original intent was to keep it breakless and setup the intrikat with brakes

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
yeah,24-11 or 26-11 your wheel will move closer to the axle by around 3.2 mm with a bigger sprocket.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
spanish bb on a s&m? wasn't s&m one of the few american companies that took issue with fly bike's spanish bb's name and royalty fees?
chad rides pegless, relies heavily on the cranks/ bb system and the frame is a  'signature' frame, so....
and what happened to the mtf custom that you won?

I still have the MTF bike. My original intent was to keep it breakless and setup the intrikat with brakes

cool to know, it is a beautiful bike.
break out the dremal and sillicon oxide grinding wheel and extend the slot in your dropouts.
i did it with my st. martin- marking out took about 20mins for both side, dremaling took about 5 for each side.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
actually the frame will work with sprocket cogs,i think.
in mine at least.
25-26 works fine.or whatever size,but sometimes with half link its double distance than the sprocket cog so the peg might be hanging or it can be slamed and you have to break the chain.
at mine the peg is hunging by 2 mm of the dropout and if i remove a half link then the axle might touch the dropout and i have to break the chain to remove the wheel.
with a smaller cog by 1 teeth it will work fine though,so i have to agree with longer dropouts.

Offline getzfafive

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »
I was running 22t / 9t and my chain was a bit loose using a full length chain.  I switched to 23t / 9t  using a full length chain, keeping the back wheel slammed and it works well like that.  I wasn't really sure about slamming the wheel at first, because you have to break the chain to take the wheel off, but now I really like it, because I know the wheel will never go off center when I'm riding.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 07:10:29 AM »
Ok, so I got really fed up of my chain always getting loose every time I rode so I popped a link out and replaced it with a half link. Odyssey bluebird chain with a London half link on a 18/9 ratio. I had to slam the wheel and put the chain together before I pushed the links in. Not sure how hard it will be to get the wheel off again but I think it's gonna be worth it considering I wont have to worry about the wheel moving around and seeing how nicely the Tree big balsas snug up to the stays and fit flush with the drop outs.

Gotta get some pics up....
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline gpj

• Forkglider
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2012, 05:09:14 AM »
I am very interested in this frame, went to the website for custom because I def want a 20.5 frame but I was a little bit put out by the $150.00 shipping rate to Canada. Thats a deal breaker for me.

Offline oldschoolfool

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2012, 07:02:12 AM »
 B)

Here's mine......Well, it was SUPPOSED to be mine and started to go ALL OUT on this build, then realized that I would not be able to finish my Son's build by his 7th Birthday so I decided to build it for him.

I had to change plans right in the middle of the build.

Hope you like.

;D

The day I received the frame, all stock

Frame number 007......the name is Bond.....JAMES BOND....LOL

Custom Platform very similar to original Dirt Bike platformed frames. (Not done by anyone from S&M)

Frame back from Powdercoaters....my son's favorite color - Ducati Red....did the decals a bit different

Bike was fully completed a few days before my Son's Birthday

HB "Behind Bars", 7.5 rise, Animal Remix Stem, Odyssey GTX Gyro

Animal Edwin grips, Tech 77 locking levers

VERY tough to find BRAND NEW Odyssey EVO II brake in Limited Edition Fire Engine Red

Odyssey CS2 Flatland fork with Rifle pegs, G Sport Marmoset front hub....Odyssey fork sticker was ugly so I put an S&M one on

Downtube decal, sweet and simple

Musn't forget the 25th Anniversary decal

FIT barstool seat with Cult stubby seatpost

Another angle of the platform

G Sport Ratchet Rear hub, 9t driver, Rifle pegs

Inside shot of the Rifle pegs, light but very strong

Odyssey EVO II rear brake in black

London Mod makes the brakes smooth as BUTTAH

New FIT Indent cranks in 170mm, St. Martin CD sprocket in 24T, Shadow Interlock chain

Animal Hamilton pedals, aluminum version, black

Wheels are Primo Balance 7000 Series hoops laced with chrome brass nipples and DT Swiss spokes....tires are Odyssey Frequency G in 20x1.85

And the final shot.....the LUCKIEST 7 year old on this Earth.....

Thanks for looking!!

:)

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2012, 07:36:01 AM »
OMG BRO, THATS A SWEET BIKE, HELL LUCKY BOY.....NICE WELDS BTW
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:37:35 AM by anthony »

Offline oldschoolfool

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:29 AM »
Thanks! I'm real happy with how it turned out, and my Son is super Stoked. It looks great in Red, if I had kept it I would have rechromed it.

:)

Offline ckcheong

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
i just ordered a cutomed intrikat, cant wait until i take it to abuse

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
@oldschoolfool
wow! wish i had a dad like you when i was younger;
very beautiful build.
i thought the newer, lower T.T. version would be more suitable, but kids grow, so...
how would the welds on the platforms hold up as you didn't remove the chrome plating before you welded it on?
you do know that the resale value is gone now that you custom welded a platform rite? but i doubt you'll ever sell it.
24 limited frames left 

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
im kinda worried now that i might  have problems when my frame arrives ( im on a 24t sprocket and a 12t rear cog-old taska freecoaster with big balsa pegs) just hoping i can get it to go on without too much hassle.

Have you had a chance to build your new ride?
instagram.com/intrikatbmx