Author Topic: Please help! Wheel alignment issues...  (Read 1655 times)

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
Please help! Wheel alignment issues...
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »
My back rim is off center I guess It has a hop in it as I roll.. I've loosened the spokes that seemed over tight it helped a little but it's still lumped I'm at wits end.i I have even loosened all the spokes 3 times now and tightened them all at same tension 1/2 side at a time at 1/4th intervals.

So whats wrong here? it is a brand new hoffman generator rim and federal v2 freecoaster the spoke$ are old maybe that's the problem? could stretched spokes cause this Inconveinance
The spokes did come off a single wall khe stylus rim (which snapped Years ago-within 4 months! )So I need new spoke$ I guess ,, anyone know what size I need for hoffman generator rim and federal v2 freecoaster? 184mm? Thanks
 because it is quite annoying now and been like this since I've laced the blasted thing
Donation$ accepted Thank You Vm

NO DONATION$? :-(   Greedy mofos >:D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:01:30 PM by khe killah™ »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
The spokes did come off a single wall khe stylus rim (which snapped Years ago-within 4 months! )

Um, what made you think it was a good idea to take spokes off a wheel that "snapped" as you put it?

Donation$ accepted Thank You Vm

Seriously? If you can afford that motorcycle you can afford new spokes.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »
Hi,
I do not fully understand the problem. If the rim is not in the center in general you can do the following: Loose every spoke on one side one after the other about a quarter and then tighten the spokes on the other side about a quarter. The rim will be shifted towards the side where you have tightened the spokes. If the rim is still not in the middle, you can repeat the procedure. Doing this will keep the overall tension of the spokes more or less ok but shifts the rim to one side.
In general it is better not to use spokes that were already used to build up a new wheel. Using new ones is always recommended.
If you do not have some then try to use the old spokes in the same way as before, i. e. when the head of the spokes was pointing to the outside of the flange it should be the same way in the new wheel and vice versa. This is because the spokes tend to be a little bend in the area of the head depending on the latter is inside or outside. Changing the orientation will bend the spoke to the other side and can weaken the spoke... That is one reason why new ones are better.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:21:58 AM by DaddyCool »

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »
If the rim is not in the center in general you can do the following: Loose every spoke on one side one after the other about a quarter and then tighten the spokes on the other side about a quarter. .
Thanks Ill give it a try after i can order a new Khe/federal driver bearing i took freecoaster apart and BAM broken shatter in driver area Shattered bearing $6.00 for 1 bearing and thats before shipping WTF!
:/

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Please help! Wheel alignment issues...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
Just made your thread title more inviting... Should help get more advice with the problem!

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
Re: Please help! Wheel alignment issues...
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »
If you aren't using a trueing stand it's prolly out of dish. Simple as that... Have a wheel builder do it, a good one.
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.