Author Topic: Geisha axle specs?  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
Geisha axle specs?
« on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
Are you sitting comfortably?

Good then il begin, I'm currently in the process of changing the Ali axle out of the geisha for a steel one . I've had a search and come up with nothing so was wondering if the good ppl at global can help me on specs, now I know I could take my axle out and measure with vernypops but il be measuring an axle that's no good basically due to Ali being crushed, mushroomed and generally fubar'd. So do any of you know where I could find the specs do you fancy measuring your good axle? or am I going to have to use vernier and guess how much it's been crushed?
Thanks for having a read any info would be appreciated.
 :beer:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Geisha axle specs?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
Are you referring to the Geisha front hub or freecoaster?

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
Boooo bad juju lol
Freecoaster shud of stated :)
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
Anybody?
 :beer: :beer: :beer:

''do you freestyle?''

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »
I'm not sure if you really want to do this. Ive had reserves even since you had the idea. Why not just get the one piece chromo axle, you do have the Geisha, not the Geisha light, right?
heres the whole adjustable slack deal for $50
http://flatlandfuel.com/kheasternaxleupgradeforreversegeishafreecoasterhubs.aspx
or you can get this:
http://flatlandfuel.com/khereversegeishaone-pieceaxle.aspx
and replace your driver bearings or if you can't get them out get a new driver: http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6350
or just get a new inner axle to replace your old one and be careful, now that you know what happened.
http://www.shaggybike.com/khe-inner-axle.html
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
i`m making a 110 mm female 3/8 24 tpi center axle.. so i`ve measured the original one & added 5mm per side.. so the original is 100 mm long..

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
The reason I'm goin this route is the man in the tool shop said he'd make one up for us for free. Between havin a family and having a job that doesn't pay enuf there's little room for spending on a bike. Believe me if I had the money I'd be one of those with all the gear n no idea. Thanks for the responses fellas n sergi8. . . Your awesome! :) x

''do you freestyle?''

Offline carld

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
I still say it's easier just getting the Federal adjustable chromoly straight axle, and having Couch or did I spell that right? or someone just to cut the ends and drill and thread it to be female.
Sorry I don't kiss ass, or care to follow, or copy.

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 06:29:06 PM »
it would be easier just getting a greyhound freecoaster..

The point here is that we both have contacts to make it almost for free.
why not try it?