Author Topic: ONLINE FLATBATTLES 6# - SIGN UP CLOSED.  (Read 29456 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
ONLINE FLATBATTLES 6# - SIGN UP CLOSED.
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
The Online FlatBattles are here again!

I hope that everyone is back to riding from the wintertime and ready to progress. Bikes all dialed and new tricks in the bag!
It's 4 skill classes as always - beginner, intermediate, expert, master.

Less talking, more riding - The sign up is going down like this:

1) Film your qualification video, maximum length - 50 seconds just riding. Fresh clips! No touches! No effects!

Qualification video will be used to put you in the right class and you will battle your first opponent with this video, so don't hide your talent.

2) Read the rules and send the video link (youtube/vimeo) to Davis Dudelis (via Facebook), ondo (via Global-flat) or ThisWorldIsFlat (via Twitter).

3) We will check your video and reply with the class name you're signed in. Follow Online FlatBattles on Global-flat subforum and on Twitter for news and your battle announcements!

4) Ride hard and film. Repeat.

What about the classes?

Don't worry about choosing the class, since it is my job to put all the riders in the right classes!
Just send me the qualification video and I will answer with the class name: beginner, intermediate, expert, master.

Judging system?

We will have 5 judges for each class. I will choose the most trustful community members! In return, I grant a spot in a class, the judge would like to participate. (He won't be judging the class he's riding)

So if I haven't asked you yet, then please send me a PM if you would like to be one.
Of course, judges from last round are very welcome!

Is there a deadline?

No, there isn't! Sign up is open till we have 16 riders in each group! So don't be late, someone else can take your spot! When all the riders in, we proceed with the battles!

Any questions or ideas, please post them here, contact me via PM on Global-Flat, Facebook or e-mail - thisworldisflat at gmail.com

Good luck!

List of riders:

Beginner: [LOCKED]
CRDNL818
Erlon Oliveira
Schena
dug
Walt
Edgars
Reinis
Onno@Bremerhaven
Norbon2wheels
simba987654
benedictoflat
Saverio Wielkens
JosePHilippineFlat
KHEmatteo
KCflatPhils
Flatcarrot

Intermediate:
flatlandnico
Jose Felix Sanabria
Leon Vignjević
markphilippines
Collin van Assendelft
manniedamaniac
SJBMX
Erik @ Austria

Expert: [LOCKED]
Gregory Scott Tylosky
tanhga
rodrigohuck
bene
Justin
Vova Isaev
fedee_flat
nicobike
Malte Orth
Mateus Beckmann Flatland
Rennace
paulophilippines
Steffen Peter
DennyFlatlandBMX
Varo Hernandez
Sean Fontenot

Master:
ondo
flaTTech
MICHELE
Owen Bohn
Alberto Moya Fernández
Quentin Pelorson
misterpola
Ederson Ferreira
_______
Niyaz Zaripov
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:04:49 PM by ondo »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ONLINE FLATBATTLES 6# - SIGN UP OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
The rules:

* To participate in a online battle round, you must be signed up.
* To do that, you must send in a qualification video in the sign up active period.
* The qualification video must not be longer than 50 seconds. (check other video rules)
* The qualification video will be used to evaluate your skill level and be signed up for the right group.
* The video will be used in the first battle. Rider can't change the content of it anymore.
* Video link has to be sent to online battle organizer ondo via personal message
* Ondo has the rights not to allow a rider to sign up, if he's going for a class which is too low for his skill level based on qualification video and/or other his videos online.
* Ondo has the right to disqualify a rider if there are any thoughts of entering a weaker class on purpose.
* Disobeying these rules and/or making false weak qualification video will result in disqualification.
* Sign up is active till all the free spots in each group are taken. Minimum 8, maximum 32, average 16. Ondo can choose the number of spots in each group and change it in progress of sign up.

Videos

* Your online battle videos have to show only your run for the competition, performed by yourself.
* Videos should be in a quality, so the run is totally clear for the viewers.
* No slow motion, looping and other effects are allowed. Zooming in to make the view clear is allowed.
* Editing, changing views, in a middle of a trick is not allowed.
* Videos can be edited, they don't have to be one shot filmed.
* Tricks should be in frame from start to end. Any trick out of the frame doesn't count.
* Battle runs have to be filmed in the period from sign up start till round finish. Material filmed before the existing round isn't allowed.
* Run length shouldn't be longer than the limit in each -final.
* If the video has a title, then it can be longer as the title length.
* The video should be uploaded in easy viewable media sites and the video settings have to be set to public view.
* After the battle, the videos should be left online for viewing purposes.
* It is advisable to send the video in before the battle, to make things faster. In this case, the video can be private, but on call should be made public.
* If video contains mistakes, it is possible to re-post it, if the battle period is still active.
* If the rider don't want to or can't re-post it, if ondo allows the fact, video can be used in battle, but judges take the violations in consideration.
* The run can be few seconds longer, if the longest combo is on beginning and there are no short tricks, that could be deleted.
* Each battle video must be different. Only beginners can repeat their single tricks and combos. Adding a variation or a link to a combo, counts as a new combo. Run variation is the main goal.
* Ondo has the right to allow the use of extra seconds or other reasons and not to accept it in case of breaking rules.
* Quarter-, semi- and final rounds add more time limit to the run length, it depends on class. These limits are posted in the given class topic.

Battles

* Ondo announces a battle between 2 or 3 riders. From that moment riders have a amount of time - 4 days (if not announced different) to send his run to ondo.
* Exact time is visible on the announcement post, so it's clear how much time is left. (ondo is on GMT +2 time zone)
* Extra time or other period variations are possible only with the permission by ondo.
* When ondo has both videos, they are posted on the first and last post of the particular class thread & poll and judge voting is opened.
* Poll votes are just for viewers and don't take any part in the battle result.
* Winner of each battle is determined by judge votes.
* If a rider doesn't post his video or is disqualified, the other rider still has to post his run and take a uncontested win. If it's in a situation of a top 3 battle, then the inactive rider recieves 3rd place.
* If a rider takes an uncontested win, he can repeat the same combos as in the uncontested battle won. Only with ondo's permission the rider can use the same material from the uncontested battle.
* Ondo has the rights to follow on with the next battle if some of the judges are late and the result by votes is already clear.
* When the winner is announced, next battle period begins.
* If a Round is sponsored TOP 3 places of each class recieve prizes.

Judges

* Judges have to give their vote as soon as battle videos are posted.
* The vote should be posted on the particular class thread.
* Puting the vote bold and adding explanantion would be even better.
* Judges have to give their explanantions if asked.
* Judges have to take in consideration video rule violations and repeating tricks or combos.
* If a battle is between 3 riders, judges have to post their TOP 3.
* Judges must base their votes not just on the riders run in the current battle, but taking previous runs into consideration, since variety and progression is the main key of the contest.
* If a judge can't do his job on a time period, he should contact ondo in advance.
* Judge personal can change.
* Judges recieve a reserved spot in the class they enter and can send the qualification video only when their first battle starts.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:01 AM »
Who are the judges

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »
Who are the judges

No judges yet. Will start searching soon. Maybe you want to go for it again?

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:05 AM »
I would love to judge the beginner class! Last time I joined intermediate, so it will be intermediate again this time.
Ride for fun!

Offline bene

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
can't film today, how much time do the riders have to send the registration video? Hope you're alright with recieving it tomorrow night...
Peace

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »
Who are the judges

No judges yet. Will start searching soon. Maybe you want to go for it again?

I'll judge one of the middle classes and master. I'm in no shape to ride/film.

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
can't film today, how much time do the riders have to send the registration video? Hope you're alright with recieving it tomorrow night...
Peace

Last year, the battles haven't started until June... So, if I sign up, I'll take my time to post a good video this time!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:43:53 PM by kev3344 »

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
Peace

Last year, the battles haven't started until June... So, if I sign up, I'll take my time to post a good video this time!

Same with me here :D
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline HGB FLAT

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
The count down has started . The Battle is coming  B)   :beer:  .  HgB FLAT 20M

Offline bene

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »
ok, sounds good to me. It's raining like hell for 2 days now... I won't be late... be prepared ;) just kidding... don't expect too much. Peace  O0

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »
Yeah, guys, let the hard riding begin. Film it and post it up!

Some good music to hype you up!

Schlachthofbronx - Slowine / Dickie Riddim ft Warrior Queen (Official Video) HD

Offline abozny

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
Are there links to last year's winners?

thx

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
Are there links to last year's winners?

thx

hey, you can check the final videos on the flatbattles forum: http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?board=31.0

just check round 5 last posts of each class!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
Some riders already signing up! Check out the rider list on top post! Film your 50 seconds run and post it up!