Author Topic: Matthias Dandois Simple Session riding routines  (Read 4550 times)

Offline top_rider

• Backpacker
Matthias Dandois Simple Session riding routines
« on: April 01, 2012, 06:29:35 AM »
http://player.extreme.com/FCPlayer.swf?id=dj0xMDIwNjE2JmM9MTAwMDAwMg

well it starts at 12:06:00, and he got 3 routines.

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
Re: Matthias Dandois Simple Session riding routines
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
i usually don't like speakers during contest, but this contest catfish and the other guy did such a good job and perfect comments... I hate contest when speakers are just screaming without saying anything intersesting, only trying to get the audience to scream back at them...This time i really enjoyed listening to them, usually i just turn the sound off just so that i don't hear the speaker scream anymore.

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »
The vid starts at 16:18:54 for me.

Where do I find Matthias's part? Thanks!

Offline top_rider

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
at 12:08:00, Matthias run starts.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:53:21 AM »
Holy sh*t...the guy after Matthias did a Vanderoll drop in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Matthias is the man.  Big props to him for going out there and doing his thing.   B)
"A puppet no more!"

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:08:42 AM »
Did anyone else catch Catfish talking about flatland moves being incorporated in street...towards the end of that 4 man jam?  He talks about how much he thinks BMX would progress if street riders took a look and drew inspiration from flatland.  Pretty interesting.  Ofcourse Catfish is a flatland fanboy, he used to ride flatland many years ago.  You can see the flatland influence in his own riding.  Pretty cool. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
no, but i heard him say something about matthias reaching (or breaking?) the gap between street riding and flatland riding. Personnaly i really enjoyed watching Matthias ride in that contest. Not for his result or for the tricks he did , but for the symbol of seeing flat and street together again. This put a smile on my face.

I always had friends riding the park while i war riding flatland right next to the street area, always had a good time then,  so it feels natural and good to me to witness some sort of symbolic reunification. Right now i am riding flatland in a skateboard street park, and even if i like theses skaters guys it doesn't feel the same.

can't really explain...

about the influence of flatland in street, you can see it with hang 5's, and decade air, and others...i have seen alex jumelin do a burner in his winter edit, i saw that same trick during the simple sessions. Sharing tricks is a positive thing, wherever it comes from. If i could steal tricks from skateboarding i would too ! hahahha!!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »
^^^.  I tried to steal handrail grinds from the skaters before I saw any bike riders doing it.  It's not stealing anyway, it's influence. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
If you can, watch Mark Eatons sections in Dorkin videos.  Or better yet, check out Rob Ridge or Joel Moody for a great example of street meets flat.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Simple Session Footage (Matthias qualification run)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
Last weekend Matthias competed in Talinn, Estonia at the Simple Session. The video shows the second heat of the qualification and Matthias is in group 17 toward the end of the video. Check out Matthias teaching those guys how to use the flat parts of that park properly!

Offline Medvedev Ivan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 01:21:32 AM »
Yess! I fined Matthias (fn 19:00:00)