Author Topic: FlatWebTV Episode #15  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
FlatWebTV Episode #15
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
Just in time for March 1 comes FlatWebTV #15: "In this under 30 minutes episode of Flatwebtv we take a look at some of the new free-coasters coming on the market, we cover our our favorit web edits of the past few weeks, a very special interview with the legendary Scott O'Brian who give us an inside scoop on the return of VooDoo Jam, we talk about Blake Hicks media coverage, and coverage of the FISE contest in Costa Rica.  So sit down, relax, and enjoy for under 30 minutes." - after reading that we got the impression that it might be under 30 minutes? ;-)

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
Re: FlatWebTV Episode #15
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
COOL SOMETHING TO WATCH NEW!

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Mutt! How you doing?

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:25:39 AM »
Scott O had some interesting things to say - especially in regards to the benefits of having a more 'real world' connection/soul/community going in the flesh and in person -- in addition to the Flat online/video-edit world.

No doubt his new comp format proposals and ideas regarding flat growth will provoke thoughtful and spirited discussion from the community.

I'll start.

I think the model of catering to the riders is backwards. First, cater to whatever spectators you can attract, from there you can build an audience, then command sponsorship revenue. After that -- then it's time to worry about pleasing the riders for whom you're hosting/putting on an event. Number one priority imho should be to make it interesting to people who will watch it. I know it hurts. But if you're talking seriously about any sort of long term growth and ending the constant struggles with raising sponsorship dough for a simple contest, regular events, circuits, or even -- gulp --- Flatland training facilities -- there must be a demand/audience. There is no other way.

NOW if we're just talking a badass jam every few years to ride -- then Scott O's format/approach is dead on.

So I guess it just becomes a matter of what the plan is -
building a great jam
or
rebuilding a sport.

Plus I like the backgrounds behind the dudes on the couch.

Thanks for doing FlatWebTV.

your pal,
Joe Kickass
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:58:35 AM by JoeKickass »
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:43 AM »
Excellent episode, it just keeps getting better and better. It was great to get a window into Scott's views as well, thanks for sharing them Scott. I think I'm on board with pretty much everything you had to say. It inspired me to try my best to go and attend this year. Will there be some riding at that outdoor again this year?
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:06 AM »
Thanks for the response.
Yes the Friday Jam is a big part of Voodoo. Its not the best spot but we all love to hang out and ride there. The vide is really good. We will have a Red Bull truck to provide the music and it will be a good day for sure.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
HEY TONY THE TIGER

I AM WORKING A LOT LIKE 7:30AM-4:15PM ALMOST EVERY DAY
SO MY RIDING [size=78%]REALLY CUT DOWN NOW AND I AM ABLE TO GET OUT[/size]
ON MY BIKE LIKE 3-4 HOURS  A DAY AFTER WORK AND AT MY NIGHT
SPOT!

HEY COOL EPISODE AS USUAL AND ENJOY WATCHING THEM WHEN
THEY COME OUT AND YAH ILL BE TURNING 51 IN 12 DAYS AND BE
ONE OF THE OLDEST RIDERS STILL RIDING AT 51!