Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2012  (Read 14339 times)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Voodoo Jam 2012
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:43:56 AM »
Hello all. Well we are back after 2 year break.

We are rolling at the moment setting up Voodoo for 2012. The Date is June 9th. In New Orleans Louisiana.

Website is being built right now by Hector Garcia. Splash page is up. www.voodoojam.com .. Thanks Hec!!!

Some things to touch on.

We will still have the big Jam on Friday before. Location and details later. Most riders that come and spectate enjoy that day so its very important to us to have the Jam on Friday.  That is a big event on its own.

We plan on having 3 classes. Beginner, Expert and Pro.

Pro format changes are to come. I will release those on the website. But I also explained my changes on Flat web tv interview coming out in March. Thanks Justin!

We also want to increase rider participation and have riders be excited about being a part of such a fun and special event. The crowd at Voodoo's Pro Final's is the best in the world to ride in front of. People love to come year after year just to see Flatland.  Most of these people do not even ride but love the event and can't wait for its return.

Also, winner of Expert WILL ride in Pro class. We really want riders to make the jump and what better way to do it with no stress just go out and have fun with nothing to loose.
We did this in 2004(Shayne Kaja)

Sponsor interest please contact Terry Adams- flatlandadams@yahoo.com
Follow me on twitter for updates and stuff about Voodoo Jam @EmceeOB

Think thats all for now..

Much Love and hope to see you all at The Voodoo Jam!
Scott and Terry

www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Voodoo Jam 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:57 AM »
yeah voodoo is back
Wished I was not $10,000 in debt,as I would of loved to
go to one of these!

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:44:45 AM »
I am totally going to watch. It would be bad of me to miss something like this when its only a 2 hr drive for me.  ;D

Chris

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
not going to miss this one.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
I can't f*cking wait Scott!
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:22 AM »
you'll hate yourself if you don't go.
it's going to be that good.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:09 AM »
amen to that jm
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:19:39 AM »
HEARD IT WAS GOOD BUT YEAH THE BITCH DEBTS ARE TOO MUCH RIGHT NOW AND JUST
GOT A FULL TIME JOB ALSO!

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:19:31 AM »
Mutt wish you could come. 

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 03:32:34 AM »
Really glad you guys are coming. I ask that all the locals and guys close to us to bring friends and family. It will be even better the more people you bring.
Website is about to launch.
thanks
OB
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:02:47 AM »
I intend on attending. If you're only going to make it out to 1 AMCircut stop this year, let it be VooDoo. I've booked the days off from work and I'm on course for my savings plan. Nice.
I was at the 2008 contest and prejam. The prejam was at a smaller basketball court or some sort of cement slab. It was cool, but like 40 people showed up to ride, and there was room for about 3 people to ride. SO *ahem* hoping the prejam will take place somewhere more spacious. I don't want to be rude or pushy, but I'll be dropping a cool grand or so to make this event and I don't want to spend it sitting in the grass. I want to ride mothaf*ckers!

Thanks  :beer:

Offline Amahl Abdul-Khaliq

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »
Zephyr Stadium would be nice pre jam spot.

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it out to this one. Haven't been to one since 2004

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
I intend on attending. If you're only going to make it out to 1 AMCircut stop this year, let it be VooDoo. I've booked the days off from work and I'm on course for my savings plan. Nice.
I was at the 2008 contest and prejam. The prejam was at a smaller basketball court or some sort of cement slab. It was cool, but like 40 people showed up to ride, and there was room for about 3 people to ride. SO *ahem* hoping the prejam will take place somewhere more spacious. I don't want to be rude or pushy, but I'll be dropping a cool grand or so to make this event and I don't want to spend it sitting in the grass. I want to ride mothaf*ckers!

Thanks  :beer:

Very good point !

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 02:41:14 AM »
#1 Reason it is there because people are friendly and we don't get kicked out.
I am considering a few other locations if it changes i will make an announcement. It's a basketball court so thats pretty big. Not sure why you could not find space to ride at something that size. ??
We have about 3 jam circles going on at once. The last time was 2009 and there was a lot of riders there riding and enjoying the vibe for sure.

Amahl as too the baseball stadium we have to make sure there is no game and there is a police station right there now. SOOOOOOO, We of course run the risk of getting kicked out of private property. We should have 40 to 60 riders come.

I have time and a few other spots to check out.
Let you guys know.

Thanks for coming!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:43:55 AM by Scott O »
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob