Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2012  (Read 14337 times)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Re: Voodoo Jam 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
If you coming book your hotel ASAP. Follow the instructions on the blog that is on our site. www.voodoojam.com

THANKS!!
S
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »
Update on website. www.voodoojam.com check our blog..

thanks
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline The Injured Faith

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 05:10:30 AM »
Long shot... But I want to compete still... Any beginners reading this, we gotta bring the class back... do it!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 03:24:08 PM »
I'm planning on going to this because I haven't been to a Voodoo Jam yet but I definitely wont be competing. Injured Faith, word to the wise my friend, I've competed multiple times in AMFLAT contests at beginner level and unless you have a really strong urge to compete I would strongly advise against it. Just ride and have fun until you're content with riding at expert. I've been told by a couple guys that judged and were involved in the contest that most of the judges really dont take beginner class seriously and that you most definitely won't get judged fairly. But that aside, I'm sure Terry and Scott are gonna run a top notch event and I'm kinda stoked for the first time in a long time on a contest.

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:26 AM »
Long shot... But I want to compete still... Any beginners reading this, we gotta bring the class back... do it!

I would encourage you to compete.  You will be kicking yourself in the balls later if you don't.  It is all about fun anyway!

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 07:18:46 AM »
I am excited about the Vet Class (Old Man Class) for guys like me that aren't novices, but are too old and rusty to compete with the experts or pro's....

Offline henry@ecbmx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
That 10am start time for the old man class is the only thing holding me back. That'd be 8am for this old man. I don't even know my own name that early.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
That 10am start time for the old man class is the only thing holding me back. That'd be 8am for this old man. I don't even know my own name that early.
lol
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
Yeah sorry for the early start.  But stoked your entering. We do not have much room so we have to schedule to allow practice time...
Coffee or Red Bull and you will be ready!!!!
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline The Injured Faith

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »
"I've competed multiple times in AMFLAT contests at beginner level and unless you have a really strong urge to compete I would strongly advise against it."

"I've been told by a couple guys that judged and were involved in the contest that most of the judges really dont take beginner class seriously and that you most definitely won't get judged fairly."

"I'm kinda stoked for the first time in a long time on a contest."

Pretty profound bro but I'm certain flatland as a whole has been judged unfairly... And dude... get stoked! :)

Thanks again Flat Fan, I'm still very much bummed about not being able to ride competetively especially since its the ressurection, I'm too young to compete in the (Vet)Ol fogey class and too uncoordinated (for now) for the (Am)Almost class. hope we session together at voodoo!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:18:42 PM by The Injured Faith »

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »
Needing some help to make Voodoo happen for a couple riders in the Kansas City area. Please contact me asap if you are needing a ride or have room for two riders. I don't feel comfortable driving 14 hours solo since rider number two doesn't drive. Also, looking to share hotel expenses. Thank you in advance. Jm

Offline Everyday Paradise

• Backpacker
    • EverydayParadise
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
What are people doing to getting around town. I fly in the friday before the event at 2:26 pm. Any one want to share a cab or can I jump into a car with some one?

-Justin

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
ok....got the driving part figured out but still needing accommodations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.