Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2012  (Read 14422 times)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Re: Voodoo Jam 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 03:07:28 AM »
I'm gonna try to make it out to this one. Haven't been to one since 2004
Remember what you put your face in on Bourbon Street?
 Hahaha. Hope to see you here. Glad to see you riding!!!!!
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:31 AM »
Super Rad VooDoo Jam One of ma fav sporting events...would have been great to attend 2012.

...however I'd like to see TJ Perry at this event and in the judges seat again.  >:D :P B)

(TJ was awesome in encouraging a few of us who do and don't ride Flatland to attend the past Voodoo Jam. So what ever your attendance TJ and to others Go Voodoo!)...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Phatman

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »
One day i will attend the Voodoo Jam, Im in the UK so id make a holiday out of it!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »
Super Rad VooDoo Jam One of ma fav sporting events...would have been great to attend 2012.

...however I'd like to see TJ Perry at this event and in the judges seat again.  >:D :P B)

(TJ was awesome in encouraging a few of us who do and don't ride Flatland to attend the past Voodoo Jam. So what ever your attendance TJ and to others Go Voodoo!)...N

I wouldn't get that guy to judge. He's gross at Scrabble. Like so horrible. That has to effect his judging skills.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 12:54:46 AM »
I wouldn't get that guy to judge. He's gross at Scrabble. Like so horrible. That has to effect his judging skills.

You hear that, he's gotta get his game up on the Scrabble. Well I certainly agree with you there Rad255.

Chop Chop...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 02:34:32 AM »
This is going to be epic.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 04:24:06 AM »
#1 Reason it is there because people are friendly and we don't get kicked out.
I am considering a few other locations if it changes i will make an announcement. It's a basketball court so thats pretty big. Not sure why you could not find space to ride at something that size. ??
We have about 3 jam circles going on at once. The last time was 2009 and there was a lot of riders there riding and enjoying the vibe for sure.

Amahl as too the baseball stadium we have to make sure there is no game and there is a police station right there now. SOOOOOOO, We of course run the risk of getting kicked out of private property. We should have 40 to 60 riders come.

I have time and a few other spots to check out.
Let you guys know.

Thanks for coming!!

I couldn't find space to ride because it was a basketball court and there were about 39 other riders there! lol Come on now.  I find the Toronto Jam space tight and that's like 3 times the size.

I know it's difficult to accomodate an event like this, but I thought I'd just give my input as I work so damn hard for my money, I don't have a lot of time to go on vacation and ...I work so damn hard for my money, so hard for it honey, so you better treat me right ;)   I just want to make this trip worth it is all.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:05 AM »
one court for that many riders was and may again be a tight squeeze- especially for anyone that covers ground in links.
it's going to be great, but Paulatrix does bring up a really valid point. it would be good to have a bigger spot, if that's possible. 40-60 bikes on one court is no joke.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:35:17 AM by jm »

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 10:59:53 PM »
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
TJ PERRY JUDGING IS LIKE A PERSON WHO HAS A 6TH GRADE EDUCATION TO TEACH A CLASS...DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 03:40:51 AM »
TJ PERRY JUDGING IS LIKE A PERSON WHO HAS A 6TH GRADE EDUCATION TO TEACH A CLASS...DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 03:47:46 AM »
TJ PERRY JUDGING  A COMP is like it is okay to smell your own sh*t,but you do not want to smell other people's sh*t!

Offline gumby

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 05:10:41 AM »
Hey Scott, it's Josh, from here in metry. I live pretty much almost across the street from Zephyr Stadium in the neighborhood back by Mike Miley playground. and I also agree with Amahl. What I think you should do is just to try and talk to people at that police station and people at zephyr stadium to see if it would be okay to host something in their parking lot. I always past zephyr stadium and see events going on in the parking lot and it seems like the police station and the zephyrs staff are okay with it. Just try to give them a call sometime and see if it would be okay. I think that HUGE parking lot would be best suited for 40-60 riders. they would love it.

Heres a picture of the stadium and paring lot. The section between the two biggest parking lots is where the police station is.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:49:56 AM by gumby »

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
I know where the stadium is. Thank you.

Easier said then done. Show up to a police station and pro baseball team and ask if you can take over their parking lot with no benefit to them, probably Not gonna work. They will think we are a liability and insurance blah blah. Been there, done that and dont have time for the headache. Its better to be in a spot that welcomes us and we can kinda do what we want. Red Bull Dj truck and such.

Like I stated before, there are some other options I am looking at and if a change will be made I will announce it on our website. www.voodoojam.com

Its all about the fun and getting together. So lets do that!

Thanks
SOB

Gumby, you Josh wiess?..
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
That is the reason we cant run SCCA races at Zephyr parking lot. And I doubt anyone would want to hang out next to NOPD all day. Just saying  ;D