Author Topic: Gananoque, Ontario Flatland Contest With 3000$ Pro Purse!! June 23-24th  (Read 3780 times)

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ontarioflatland.com
 Hello everyone!!
 I am pleased to announce a serious flatland contest at the 1000 islands with a MASSIVE indoor hockey arena!
 Try and make this THE contest to come out to!! Rain or shine!
Take note: This contest is situated right on the border of USA, so any riders in America looking to compete on Canadian soil come out to this one, you will not be disseminated!
 Check the website:
 http://thexsports.com/?p=206&fb_source=message#more-206

Intermediate 55$

Expert
55$
 Master
55$
 Vet
55$
 Pro
75$
 Prizes & Pro Purse
 There will be prizes from our sponsors for the top five riders in each of the amateur classes. The winner of the Master class will receive a free frame.

The Pro class will have a total prize purse of $3,000. Each rider in the finals will win money.

Pro Purse Breakdown
 1st – $1100
 2nd – $750
 3rd – $500
 4th – $250
 5th – $100
 6th – $100
 7th – $100
 8th – $100

·                                 There is a stage where the judges sit that displays the run clock along with the brackets for the pro finals.

The floor is a HOCKEY ARENA! and is smooth polished concrete. There will be a staff of volunteers uses an industrial floor cleaner several times throughout the weekend to make sure the floor is as clean and dust-free as possible.The staff also puts a sticky coating on the floor to ensure it is the most ideal riding surface the venue can offer.

The riding area is separated from the spectators by
hockey boards and plexiglass so you can use your sponsor banners on three sides, and the stage on the final side.

There is a nice,
practice set up as well…Tennis Courts on the site, if extra space is needed to accommodate practice time.

Gananoque Flatland Contest 2011

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:12:38 PM by lachlan »
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
Wha? What's all this about?

Who's organizing, judging, etc?

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
Sponsors:
 The X Sports event Series has mainly been made possible through the support of the TIAP (1000 Islands Accommodation Partners).  TIAP is a not for profit company that markets the 1000 Islands area as a tourism destination. Their partners are at http://www.1000islandstourism.com
Including: The Clarion Inn & Conference Centre, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gananoque, Quality Inn & Suites, Colonial Resort, Glenhouse Resort, Gananoque Inn & Spa, Thousand Islands Playhouse and the Gananoque Boat Line.
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
GANANOQUE CONTEST PROMO - JUNE 23-24TH on Vimeo

So whos all coming?
I'm hoping all the quebec guys are comin to this one!!

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
I don't know about the others, but i'm coming!

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
A perfect mix for an event, and no excuse for anyone near the boarder not to attend let alone those in Canada...Awesome!

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
Under 6 weeks away now, and there really hasn't been any word or news on this since the announcement. So just popping in to ask some questions and such.

To re-iterate a point Alex brought up on the facebook post, there's too many classes here. This year, in North America, the master class has become obsolete. I think this contest should follow what the rest of the contests are doing to keep consistency.

Not to sound negative, but expecting 100 riders to come out (especially with very little hype and this being the first time for the contest) is hoping for a lot. Toronto had one of the biggest turnouts its had in several years, and Jomo was huge this year, but they both saw just under 60 riders I think. You got to consider that Toronto's been a long running event, this was the 4th Jomopro, they both were on the Am Flat Circuit, and Jomo was the first stop of the world circuit, all of which helps the turnout.

For accommodations, last year we struggled to find a reasonably priced place, and with the list of sponsors for the event being a variety of hotels, will there be some sort of official hotel most riders will be staying at, and/or a group rate that we can book with?

Some advice would be to allow people to register in advance. Have payment sorted out on site, but somewhere official where riders can sign up could be helpful in multiple ways. For one, it allows the organizers to know in advance what turnout to expect, which will help with prize/money distribution, schedule, etc, but it also helps entice riders considering coming to come out when they see who else is going.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
It would be helpful if the organizers of an event would follow threads pertaining to their event and answer questions and concerns from the people considering to go. :S

Less than 5 weeks away, and we haven't really heard much info.

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
I'm planning on heading up from Boston with 3 other riders and booked a room right next to the event. Looks like there's plenty of place to ride all weekend long even for those who don't compete.  O0