Author Topic: Lea Dobrowski: I Did Not Fall Off, I Never Stopped and Never Will Stop Riding  (Read 24323 times)

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
You know Einstein once said, The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So why do you expect anything different?

Also a question to you Lea.
What makes you better and or different than the next rider? I think the issue most people see is your getting attention over someone else that is a much better rider than you. There must be some reason right? Hint you're Female. (Honestly if you were a guy you would not have the blog)
This is only a Male dominated sport because most females are not interested in riding a BMX bike. Its not because we (male riders) wont let you. Hell I am sure 99% of the guys would love for you to ride with them.

I am sorry I am coming off harsh, but damn. Why not write about the joys of riding and not how you are trying to break into a male dominated sport?

Take care

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
You know Einstein once said, The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So why do you expect anything different?

Also a question to you Lea.
What makes you better and or different than the next rider? I think the issue most people see is your getting attention over someone else that is a much better rider than you. There must be some reason right? Hint you're Female. (Honestly if you were a guy you would not have the blog)
This is only a Male dominated sport because most females are not interested in riding a BMX bike. Its not because we (male riders) wont let you. Hell I am sure 99% of the guys would love for you to ride with them.

I am sorry I am coming off harsh, but damn. Why not write about the joys of riding and not how you are trying to break into a male dominated sport?

Take care

this comment makes me think you didn't read the article.

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
I did, I read through both of her articles.
And that was my opinion

Offline nobleman

• Hitchhiker
lea sorry to hear but we all go though it life aint good every now and then, post up more vids and do less articles even make up a girls only flat blog thingy, much respect good luck keep riding

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
GO team Lea. As long as you enjoy BMX your cool in my eyes, male or female
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline pretzelgape

• Funky Chicken
Seriously guys dont direct hate at lea I think she is sincere as a rider and person regardless if you agree or not . Its martin the cockmongler who puts her on a pedestal in a  hope traffic will increase on his site due to her good looks reeling in desperate forever alone flatlanders who get a tank load of pre-cum at the first glimpse of a female within 10 metres on a bmx .
<Account infiltrated by Blindingsun. all your base are belong to us>

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
I don't hate her. I don't know her. And Like I said sorry to be harsh.  Really I am.
But it always rubs me the wrong way when female pull the Its hard living in a male world BS. (and I am not talking about this article.
Hell she is way better than I will ever be. And I have no problems saying that.

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
Welcome back Lea.  Good to hear you back on your bike again.  Kim told me you had inspired her to go out an ride last Saturday. Now that is a cool when you get others moving.

Offline Lea Dobrowski-Silva

• Funky Chicken
Thank you to those that welcome me... And I am glad to hear that talking to Kim helped. I was hoping that letting her talk to me and giving her some advice on how I coped would help her, so I am super happy to hear it did!!! And Cajun, as before I have already been through those threads that ask what makes me different and if I was a guy i would not be getting this attention. I am no moron I already know this.But like anyone why would I say no. I interview sincere and great riders, and I plan to keep doing that. And I am actually uploading a small clip tonight.  And I talk about being in a male dominate sport at times yes, but it is because I am asked, and I am asked by other woman riders also how I deal with it. I am never ashamed to admit that males are stronger and that gives a definite advantage, really it does. But really I just love riding and love BMX. Enough said

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
Lea,

I see your side of things, I really do. But I would have to disagree on the strength thing for flatland. (have you seen some of these dudes in skinny jeans?)  ;D

Also do you have a recent flatland edit?

Again I am sorry and did not mean to come off harsh.

Offline keith

• Hitchhiker
I am never ashamed to admit that males are stronger and that gives a definite advantage, really it does.

I always thought that female riders were at a disadvantage because they all have girl cooties.  Thanks for shedding light on this.

Offline Lea Dobrowski-Silva

• Funky Chicken
All I have posted lately was my hang ten clip, But I am making a video in March. And it's all good! And Keith I said that bc of the talk about a male dominated sport..

Offline christjesus

• Forkglider
whoever it was that claimed i didn't read the article...i read most of it...it sounded whiny, self serving, and attention seeking...job well done.  There are plenty of female riders out there and if there first 'article' was entitled Boobs, Bmx, and whatever the rest of the title was, i'd dismiss that other female rider as well...

hooray for bullsh*t riding!!!! hey look i just landed a fork wheelie!!!! who gives a sh*t (in reference to me landing a dumb beginner trick) , i barely do!

all tits mcgee is doing showing girls that all you have to do is be pretty and sexualize yourself...in turn coverage will happen.  talent, skill, dedication...that type of sh*t doesn't matter...

I'm saying it and standing by it...she's sort of like Kim Kardaprian (spelling?) unfortunately only one of them has a sex tape...maybe they both do?!? 

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
Hey Lea.  I had a long one handed session today to commemerate your
injuries and celebrate life.  Yerrrr! O0

Offline midschool

• Hitchhiker
Welcome back Lea.  Thank you for sharing your story. 
You may be disappointed if you fail but doomed if you never try.  Some people advance through life.  Others remain stagnant and only dream of what they can achieve.  There is a difference between wanting and having, saying and doing.  Don't let those who fear progression keep you down or steal your vision.  Act out on your dreams.  Everything is real and ANYTHING is possible.