Author Topic: Experiment with that Front brake again?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Experiment with that Front brake again?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
4 gbp for uk.and 250 gbp for greece for shipping!

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
4 gbp for uk.and 250 gbp for greece for shipping!

I wouldn't bother with them anyway.
Having a bit of a drama case with rutland cycles atm. The forks received, are affix sure, but are not fork that appears in their listing picture, (which looks like the KHE Cirrus forks!) which they claimed were a like for like in a message they had  replyed with, before I committed to making this purchase.

These Affix forks do looks similar, in alot of ways,  however they have lower quality capped plates at the bottom underside of the fork strands. There is no taper on the bottom of them, instead they are completely round, and the dropouts have large cut out holes, again the Cirrus's pictured just have the intial cutout.

They not expensive at all, so I can suck it up, but when the seller refuses to admit that the picture of the said item is clearly different to  that of the very thing he is trying to sell, then I have a to alert anyone who is also thinking of purchasing a set on the strenght of me highlighting the supposed bargain, in the 1st place.

The moral of this story is: If it does sound to good to be true; then it normally is!

Flat-ism

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:49 PM »
i bought two sets off them a couple a weeks ago and they are different from the pictures on the auction so i did a google search for them to get some more specs (ie weight and such) and discovered that everyone else selling for £60-£80 had pictures of the actual forks i received
so when i received them i sort of expected them to have the cut outs and be slightly different from the picture
they are on my little girls bike and she is happy with them and the weight is not too bad  ;D
good luck with your dispute with them trev i don't think i've ever dealt with them before

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
i bought two sets off them a couple a weeks ago and they are different from the pictures on the auction so i did a google search for them to get some more specs (ie weight and such) and discovered that everyone else selling for £60-£80 had pictures of the actual forks i received
so when i received them i sort of expected them to have the cut outs and be slightly different from the picture
they are on my little girls bike and she is happy with them and the weight is not too bad  ;D
good luck with your dispute with them trev i don't think i've ever dealt with them before
Cheers, all finally sorted out now.
They've also nowchanged the image to that of the correct one now... Pfft...
Flat-ism

byke

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
Just a heads up ... it may be a good idea to measure from the center of the axle line to the base of the fork crown and see how tall it is.

Back in 2006 I did many of the fork drawings, and had constant problems with the factory.
(they were under a different brand name at the the time)

Basically they were meant to be around 315mm tall ..... however, the drawings woud always come back changed to 330mm + which might not sound much, but its enough to change your headangle by a good 1 degree +

I myself never used the forks, but for some reason they did go into production.
So double check the height.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »
Cheers, all finally sorted out now.
They've also nowchanged the image to that of the correct one now... Pfft...

And doubled the price :-)

Just a heads up ... it may be a good idea to measure from the center of the axle line to the base of the fork crown and see how tall it is.

Back in 2006 I did many of the fork drawings, and had constant problems with the factory.
(they were under a different brand name at the the time)

Basically they were meant to be around 315mm tall ..... however, the drawings woud always come back changed to 330mm + which might not sound much, but its enough to change your headangle by a good 1 degree +

I myself never used the forks, but for some reason they did go into production.
So double check the height.

the height on mine are 315mm

byke

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
Oh well, thats good to hear.
I just saw the photo was updated, and looks slightly different from the previous .... (I dont think I drew the current one now shown)