Author Topic: KHE warranty, New Pro Bike.  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
KHE warranty, New Pro Bike.
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:18:45 PM »
Gonna make this clean and simple,Brought the new KHE Pro Complete(2012) from winstanleysbmx on 03/01/2012, got it on 06/01/2012, fixed it up, took it for a ride and after a few rides I noticed the wheel would not engage/disengage properly, contacted them on this issue on 08/01/2012,After a long conversation, requested them to take the wheel back and analyse the problem, told me the following:
I have found that the threads on the driveside of the axle that the locknut winds onto so that the driver can lock against to freecoast were stripped, which is the reason why the driver was taking so long to engage.Unfortunately I do not have an axle here to be able to replace it with, so I have contacted the suppliers to see if they are able to send one to us.
Got that email on the 19th,Since then I have tried contacting them, only to be told they don't know the whereabouts of the spare part they have requested from KHE directly since their supplier does not have any.I have also tried contacting khe directly on different departments a while back, several times, and they fail to even respond to any emails whatsoever.So what's going on, has KHE gone on holiday or do they simply not give a sh*t anymore about their sh*tty parts?Is it possible just to request a complete refund altogether, as I state I barely touched the bike since I got it....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:48:36 PM by Andrew Tarrant »
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: KHE warranty, New Pro Bike.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
sorry but can you not take the thing apart and fiddle with it?
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
sorry but can you not take the thing apart and fiddle with it?
Whilst this would have been ideal, I thought it would be better to send it back since I won't be affecting the warranty of the part myself, after all, you spend a grand on a bike you expect it to work out of the box...
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Phatman

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
Your problem is ordering from wankstanleys they really have very little knowledge of bikes. I really dont know much about KHEs warrenty. Ive been told theyre quite good, so id just wait for a reply.

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Your problem is ordering from wankstanleys they really have very little knowledge of bikes. I really dont know much about KHEs warrenty. Ive been told theyre quite good, so id just wait for a reply.
We'll they do appear to not have much knowledge on freecoasters, but in all fairness what company in the UK does, everyone here does street and thats a basic cassette hub.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:41 PM »
1) Your primary warranty contact should be the dealer you purchased the bike from. Winstanleys.
2) Their primary waranty contact should be the UK KHE distro which is Ison
3) Contacting KHE direct will probably result in them explaining to you #1 and #2.

Ideally your dealer should be handling this. Do you have the wheel in your possession? If not, get it back. Take it apart and post photos of the parts. Winstanleys description of the issue is vague. The community here at GF will probably be a lot more helpful and more efficient in getting your hub issue solved and get you riding your new bike.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
1) Your primary warranty contact should be the dealer you purchased the bike from. Winstanleys.
2) Their primary waranty contact should be the UK KHE distro which is Ison
3) Contacting KHE direct will probably result in them explaining to you #1 and #2.

Ideally your dealer should be handling this. Do you have the wheel in your possession? If not, get it back. Take it apart and post photos of the parts. Winstanleys description of the issue is vague. The community here at GF will probably be a lot more helpful and more efficient in getting your hub issue solved and get you riding your new bike.

Thanks for the post Pat, really unfortunatly of me I have sent the wheel back a long time ago, hence why I got totally fed up and recently purchased a new built from you.
The best way to show the problem is this:
Take a look at the greyhound axle here:
http://www.kunstform.org/images/khebikes-greyhoundadstreet-2012-freecoaster-02.jpg
Where the driver is, you can see a nut which screws on next to the driver, we'll that thread on the axle where the nut is screws on is threaded, meaning you wont be able to keep the driver from engage/disengaging properly, but thinking about it, might have been the nut itself?

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 03:38:12 AM »
man i had a guy who came into work the other day with a bike he had orderd from winstanleys in all fairness it was a MTB but he had just piced it toghether(front wheel,bars and pedals,usal flatpack stuff) but the quaility the bike was in was ofal!forks pop lock not working gears f*cked frok and even the lil mound threads for the waterbottle the welds came lose on em,  ive heard lots of bad casses from them i never really belived it till i seen it

ask for a refund and get one at CRC
Keep it flat!

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
man i had a guy who came into work the other day with a bike he had orderd from winstanleys in all fairness it was a MTB but he had just piced it toghether(front wheel,bars and pedals,usal flatpack stuff) but the quaility the bike was in was ofal!forks pop lock not working gears f*cked frok and even the lil mound threads for the waterbottle the welds came lose on em,  ive heard lots of bad casses from them i never really belived it till i seen it

ask for a refund and get one at CRC

Dam that sucks, I noticed that the eurobb was on rather loose when I got it, seatpost was on the wrong way, can't fault it otherwise.
I have emailed them, several times, regarding a refund, but they are not responding, I might end up phoning them up regarding this issue in a minute. Their is not much point in getting a refund now since I brought a new wheel from flatlandfuel...at least they know their sh*t ;]

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »
get in touch with arthur from khe i have dealt with him a few times in the past and i have always had great responses for him  ;D
i emailed him saturday morn about some tyres and had a response 09.27am monday morning i have had several probs with winstanley and they always resolve the problem but not at the greatest of speed  :P

good luck

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
get in touch with arthur from khe i have dealt with him a few times in the past and i have always had great responses for him  ;D
i emailed him saturday morn about some tyres and had a response 09.27am monday morning i have had several probs with winstanley and they always resolve the problem but not at the greatest of speed  :P

good luck

Thanks man, I have actually emailed him on his personal khe email without any response, winstanley have told me that KHE simply doo not have the parts, I regret buying a new complete bike and will not be doing this again in the future, as Pat told me it could be months before they have any of the new KHE products in stock....