Author Topic: New Geisha Light rebuild video  (Read 9746 times)

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
Re: New Geisha Light rebuild video
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
this is the inside of the washer, you can see where the bearing has sank into the washer?
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »
Yea, that doesn’t look so hot… The bevel is designed to sit on the bearings inner ring, so that it does not bind and put pressure on the bearing itself. I’d say that needs to be changed.
http://flatlandfuel.com/khegeishareplacementconewashers.aspx
$8.99 at FF
I’m thinking you may have a Geisha Gold, not a Geisha Light… So replacement of the driver bearings would be 6802’s, you would need 2. That is, if you can get them out. I beat on mine, as I mentioned earlier in this thread and had no luck getting them out. I will try again later this week, when I change axles and have a spare driver.
http://flatlandfuel.com/bearingsforkhegeishareversefederalhub.aspx
I’ve never had a Geisha Gold, but they are similar from what I understand, though there are also some subtle differences.
http://www.khebikes.com/2006/flatland/parts/06-hu-ge.htm
None of this really explains the no back pedal/ getting stuck issue you first complained about though, I’m missing something… Have you checked your resistor bearings and made sure they can be pushed down? It will take a lot of pressure, slide your clutch over the axle and make sure it is a little harder to turn than when free. Also, look down the shaft of your axle and make sure the spring is spanning the diameter of the axle, between the resistor bearings. My axle generally gets filled with grease due to me putting grease on my stud threads each time I take it on and off, but if the spring has none or has gone missing, I would put some in there too or replace your axle. Maybe use an old spoke to get it in there, as well as drop some Tri-flow on the bearing from outside the axle. Surfonflatland's mod from the first page may also help if your axle is too short.
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
Riiite lol.
I've checked it all over again the spring n balls are all spot on. I'm fairly sure its the Ali crushing on the washers and where the bearings sit against the axle. I spaced it out a little with some washers and The two day freecoaster problem just rolled away! Getting a guy in the tool shop to make us an axle out of sum steel n hopefully shud be sorted no soft axle :)

Thanks for stickin with us on this rob you are a proper hero!!!  :beer:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »
Riiite lol.
I've checked it all over again the spring n balls are all spot on. I'm fairly sure its the Ali crushing on the washers and where the bearings sit against the axle. I spaced it out a little with some washers and The two day freecoaster problem just rolled away! Getting a guy in the tool shop to make us an axle out of sum steel n hopefully shud be sorted no soft axle :)

Thanks for stickin with us on this rob you are a proper hero!!!  :beer:

This may be difficult, not impossible but the resistor mech and tolerances for that axle are pretty tight(KHE has gotten them wrong many times, from what is posted up on threads). But if it's a friend doing it for free or something, go for it. I may be posting a sex change mod soon for the KHE reverse axle, with an added thrust bearing behind the clutch. I have to test the setup first, so it will be a few weeks before I drop it.
Only peeps that have that EAS axle in stock though is Empire, or at least from what I searched a few weeks ago. Most distros don't have it either(I get to search myself at my lbs). You may want to keep this in mind if you were going to strip your old resistor off for your new steel fab-ed axle...
http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6858
$27
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.