Author Topic: St martin AJ peg reviews  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
St martin AJ peg reviews
« on: January 22, 2012, 03:49:50 AM »
Thinking o pickin up a set altho not sure how theyd work with the long geisha axel dose it poke out? Look a good idea altho for another couple a quid i cud just get balsa for the back :/ reviews, pros an cons needed thanks guys!
Keep it flat!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: St martin AJ peg reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:07:05 AM »
I personally don't understand the use for them. ???   I know people use/have used Primo Jewells for tiny pegs for grinding though, and I think Chad Johnston uses Jewells for his pegless style of flat.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
I've just started on flat so they're a little short for my liking used to use trick star nuts on my park bike tho they where short pegs lol
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline back2flat35

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
probably for space saving. and for the rider that does more front wheel and only uses the rear for a second or to pivot.remind me of the old gt steel pegs from the 80's

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
They're just a place to start and finish some things. A place to put your foot to kick into certain tricks.

They're cool and they really suit Jumelin's snappy front wheel style. He's always tried to get his bike as light and as minimal as possible.

I wouldn't run them because I'd rather have 4 whole pegs or the challenge of not having 4 pegs. Just make some out of an old pair of pegs with a pipe cutter.

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
you can get a pair of plegs and trim them down half way/ down to where the steel insert is, or, even, just use the steel inserts..

Offline bransyeah

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »
A friendo of mine got the longer ones and the aluminium is so soft that he's grind all the round part in a month. I have the hollopegs and they are great pegs but really st. Martin have made a steo backwards with these ones...
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."