Author Topic: Any military flatland riders  (Read 4409 times)

Offline KG

Any military flatland riders
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
Just curious about if they let you ride on base without harassment or protective equipment.  And how you transport your flat machine around.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:34:48 PM by KG »

Offline KG

Re: Any military flatland riders
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »
Just got to mo not much to do and a bunch of flat lots staring me in the face want to buy a bike have a feeling I should wait though until I get to where I'm stationed

Offline ALINKTOTHEPAST

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »
I'm in the Army and I ride on post.  As far as safety equipment goes, yes, you have to have it.  A helmet at all times, and in the hours of low visibility you have to wear a PT belt or some other reflective clothing, also if you're riding around at night you need a light.  For the most part if you're just in a parking lot you can get away with just wearing your helmet.  What branch are you in and what MOS, out of curiosity.

Offline bikerbilly18

• Funky Chicken
  • Big Mac!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:50:15 AM »
i ride on a marine base parking lot occasionally, and the mp never bother us. always mid day tho.

Offline KG

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »
I'm in the marines just got out of combat training waiting for mos training to pick up motor t operator on an army base right now fort Leonard wood so many spots that look like they would be perfect to ride and get some fun Pt in

Offline SiC

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
I'm on an US Army base in Japan and we have to have helmets at all times and reflective gear at night.  However, I work in a motor pool as the Truckmaster and I have the entire motor pool to ride in.  I never wear a helmet since I know most of the MPs and they don't bother me.
Old school newbie from Japan

Offline Jbkid

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:06:26 PM »
I'm stationed at FT Wainwright, AK. Deployed right now, but I never had issued with protective gear. 11B

Offline KG

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:46 AM »
More than I thought there would be but nothing would be better than some riding in down time

Offline Sauce

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
I'm stationed at Kirtland AFB and I never really ride on base, SF is pretty strict about helmets (I do ride during work though in the parts warehouse) usually I keep my riding at the college.