Author Topic: One tip for learning tricks  (Read 12853 times)

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
Re: One tip for learning tricks
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 05:48:56 AM »
Has anyone tried CrossFit or Yoga?

I'm looking at a fitness regime, both to get in shape and to support my riding.

Offline Burlington Spencer

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
Here're a few notes I made for myself this year. Don't know if they are 'correct,' but seemed to work ok for me:

-Relax and don't hold your grips so goddamned tight.

-For forward rolling, behind bars tricks (whiplash, karls, ect) keep your weight a little more forward than where you feel safe, especially if you are really straining to hold a position. I could do Karls ok, but they would just wipe me out. Shift forward and they are almost effortless on muscles. Get out of the scaredy cat zone.

-Try to keep your spine fairly straight and aligned. Try not to kink your neck backwards too much. 

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »
Here're a few notes I made for myself this year. Don't know if they are 'correct,' but seemed to work ok for me:

-Relax and don't hold your grips so goddamned tight.

Yikes this is exactly where I am at w fwd rolling behind the bar tricks. I feel I lean enough for the most part but lately I've been scared of going face first so it causes me to not commit. Trying to get past this beginner mental block. However when I dont think about it, I'm fine. Go figure.

Getting a lot out of this post. You gotta walk the walk, you can't wish yourself a better rider. And I think a quality power sess beats hours of unfocused riding. Ride whenever you can I say.

-For forward rolling, behind bars tricks (whiplash, karls, ect) keep your weight a little more forward than where you feel safe, especially if you are really straining to hold a position. I could do Karls ok, but they would just wipe me out. Shift forward and they are almost effortless on muscles. Get out of the scaredy cat zone.

-Try to keep your spine fairly straight and aligned. Try not to kink your neck backwards too much. 
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.