Author Topic: What's up with the price on odysseys gs  (Read 7754 times)

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
What's up with the price on odysseys gs
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
No really, I used to get these bad boys for about £17 each, look at the price now:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48924
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/4325/Odyssey_Frequency_G_Flatland_Tyre

CRC sells em for the same price a standard set of premium tyres are sold for.
Granted winstanleys arn't too much more but non the less they still pretty expensive, especially considering I can get through them quickly :S
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
Re: What's up with the price on odysseys gs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
buy Primo Comets from Winstanleys;) much cheaper and better imo
SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »
i purchased a g off winstanley about october and paid £15.99 and checked them out last month and they have skyrocketed up to £23.99  WTF >:D

i couldn't work it out

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
[ta
Maxxis DTH BMX Kevlar Tyre
Maxxis DTH BMX Kevlar Tyre
  • I've just got a pair of these on a set of race wheels i just bought and they look really nice for flat they are fairly light and cheap for kevlar i will be trying them out soon  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:27:21 PM by melon lover »

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
I used those DTH tires on my jump bike (I ride once or twice a month) and they are great, but £28.99 for a tire for my bmx is just too much at the rate I go through tires. If you get them let us know how long they last for flat.
SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

Offline wargrip

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Not sure if these are any good but some of the animal tyres (GLH-R, TWW-R and ASM-R) are on sale for about 20 quid at sourcebmx atm:

e.g. here http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/bmx-parts-sale/anml-glh-r-tyre/12979.shtml

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »
yea I think I'll go back to them primo's, never had a bad thing about them other than they suck in wet conditions, not just flatland but just riding they are slippery lol, not that you'd want to be riding in the rain of course :]
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »
I work for one of the aforementioned shops and unfortunately the price of tyres in general is going through the roof.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
bringing up an old threadbut has anyone every used the revenge pinner 1.95 kevlar tyre for flat
is says street ramp and park but the tread looks quiet smooth for flat B) B) B)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »
My former boss at an auto tire shop said his prices are way up because manufacturers CAN charge more.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
My former boss at an auto tire shop said his prices are way up because manufacturers CAN charge more.
Let them charge more, I won't be buying, and I'm sure many others will just look for alternatives.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
everything rubber has increased a lot in price in the past year. You will see that happen with Comets soon enough as well. Most likely the Primo distro in the UK bought a bunch of Primo stock before the last price increase. Once they restock you will see a price increase. Odyssey tires are not the only tires affected. Everything is. Stock up when you find a good price on a tire you like because things are not going to change anytime soon.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »
everything rubber has increased a lot in price in the past year. You will see that happen with Comets soon enough as well. Most likely the Primo distro in the UK bought a bunch of Primo stock before the last price increase. Once they restock you will see a price increase. Odyssey tires are not the only tires affected. Everything is. Stock up when you find a good price on a tire you like because things are not going to change anytime soon.
Was thinking of stocking up on tyres a long time ago from you, regret doing so now...

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
Anybody using elm st tires anymore? I want freq g's it's just I can get 2elms for the price of one g.
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Anybody using elm st tires anymore? I want freq g's it's just I can get 2elms for the price of one g.
I used to, they are nice tyres, only they are pretty big once inflated and do weigh an awful lot, but they up stand any punctures and last a very long time.