Author Topic: Soulawardz: vote your favorit Frenchy!  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Soulawardz: vote your favorit Frenchy!
« on: December 26, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »
Matthias told us about the video voting on the Soul website: "The French magazine Soul is organising the Soulawardz, it's like a NORA cup but only for French web videos. They have many categories like: CREW, best street video, best director, best dirt video.... TODAY is the day to vote for the best french Flatland web video of the year. You have the 8th final videos here.
The internet users have to say which video they like in the comment section, and then there will be 4 more judges (including Travis Collier) to decide who's the winner."

By the way, don't forget about our voting here on global-flat! Do we need a vote your favorit voting yet? Flatland video democracy..

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Soulawardz: vote your favorit Frenchy!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
So you get to vote and then four other people decide who wins anyhow? What's the point of voting then? If you say that the voting 'informs' their decisions then the 'judges' are pretty much redundant aren't they? What a strange thing to call democracy.

p.s. I could really care less about any of this but it just strikes me as kind of silly.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
i guess that the riders vote is like the fifth judge ? it s probably take into the account. It is a mixed judging. Anyway it isn't all that important, except probably for the participating riders themselves.
I voted for Alex Jumelin, but Matthias is probbaly going to get the win.

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »
And Matthias wins. There's a shocker. What's next, Martti wins best Finnish video?

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
So you get to vote and then four other people decide who wins anyhow? What's the point of voting then? If you say that the voting 'informs' their decisions then the 'judges' are pretty much redundant aren't they? What a strange thing to call democracy.

p.s. I could really care less about any of this but it just strikes me as kind of silly.

Yes.. Its very silly... But thats the way us Europeans run our democracys

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »
Yes.. Its very silly... But thats the way us Europeans run our democracys

humm, not like that everywhere everytime in all the different democracys in Europe