Author Topic: Bike Pumps  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
Bike Pumps
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Hi!

I have recently bought a Serfas pump.. I have read some reviews and it seems like they have leak issue on the valve area..

Does anyone have the most reliable pump that you can recommend?

Thanks a bunch! Happy thanks giving.  :beer:

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
Re: Bike Pumps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
Pedros is nice.... works well for me

Offline djmikec

• Backpacker
    • BMXFlatland.Net
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
Park Tool pumps don't get the greatest reviews sometimes, but I've had one for a couple of years with no issues.  Also, a friend of mine has a high-end Lezyne pump and it is NICE.  Here are several options for suitable high-pressure pumps, from cheaper options to elite stuff:

http://astore.amazon.com/bmxfnetanonli-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=32
Check out BmxFlatland.Net, created to help beginning BMX flatland riders to learn about, participate in, and enjoy the art/sport of flatland.

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
I've had a Park Tool PFP-6 pump for 6 years now. Never had any problems with it.

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
This is exactly what I have now.

Hope this will last for me.

Park Tool PFP-6 pump is great!.. Never see those here in our place.

There are serfas alloy body pumps with gauge here but it cost too much money for me.

Offline Tommy Point

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
I've had a Park PFP-6 pump for about two years, and while I've been disappointed with the quality of the product, I've been extremely impressed with the company's customer service.

After a year or so of using the pump on a pretty inconsistent basis, the base began to leak badly. The tool became unusable for anything above 30 lbs.

According to a Park service rep, the hot air which develops in the process of pumping had melted a hole through the composite base. He suggested that in the future I should run cool, unpressurized air through the pump between tires to cool the pump down. 

The rep. couldn't have been more helpful. He sent me all the replacement parts for free, and didn't even charge for shipping.

Unfortunately, the pump still didn't last long after being rebuilt. Now, it's a struggle just to get 100 lbs. into my tires. Not sure if I'll bother trying to fix it again.

Offline diggerbrown

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:52:28 PM »
Blackburn pumps.Had it for ten years.