Author Topic: screaming mad  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
screaming mad
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:28:42 AM »
I threw my bike down and ran across the parking lot screaming mad for the first time today. I feel bad about it but i figured this would be the place i could share where other people might understand my pain. I love this sport!

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
Re: screaming mad
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
f*ck yeah flatland

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:16:05 PM »

don't worry man,
some times i try to quit throwing my bike and insulting it but after a week or a couple at max i start to be crazy again.
the longest period without being mad was a whole month this agust but i think i was able to last that whole time only because i was on holiday.  :-* .
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »
i've been known to have problems with this, it's mostly caused by anxiety and negative thinking.  all or nothing thinking & overgeneralization  are forms of self defeating thoughts that once one becomes aware of steps can be made to stop or lesson the behavior
http://www.lifepossibilities.com/resources/TenFormsOfSelfDefeatingThoughts.pdf

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
Well im fairly new to the sport and the idea that if i push through the frustration i will progress, keeps me on my path to spinning hitchhiker kickflip land. I feel silly about thowing my bike. An archer dosent throw his bow when he missea his mark and i would never throw my guitar over a missed note. But i gotta say it a again i f #@%ing love this sport!

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
Well im fairly new to the sport and the idea that if i push through the frustration i will progress, keeps me on my path to spinning hitchhiker kickflip land. I feel silly about thowing my bike. An archer dosent throw his bow when he missea his mark and i would never throw my guitar over a missed note. But i gotta say it a again i f #@%ing love this sport!

Lol I missed a note with the Dean i launched it then seen my stupidity picked it up give it a little hug, let it know I never ment to hurt it :) I got over bike launching a few years ago after bending some forks (if you throw don't throw far or too high) :beer:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »