Author Topic: Sevisual: Flatland Fanatics 2011  (Read 5658 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Sevisual: Flatland Fanatics 2011
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »
Here is the latest Sevisual edit! This time Tomi covered the Flatland Fanatics contest in Germany. Lots of hardcore riding mixed with great scene shots. Good job!

Offline SaschaB.

• Cliffhanger
Re: Sevisual: Flatland Fanatics 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:57:12 PM »
schönes Video, katastrophaler Sound!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »
I understand the uses and functions of cutaways and establishing shots and what not, but it seems like half the shots of the contests were like these two second blips of tricks with not much in the way of real riding. I mean, it's great that he put the edit together, but show complete links please.

Offline tom

• Funky Chicken
    • Sevisual.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
 I understand the uses and functions of Iphones and complete contest runs uploaded 5 mins after the actual contest and what not, so I understand who the hell wants to watch a contest edit 2 weeks after it happened...Just let me entertain myself with something different time to time. So...just hit the stop button on youtube TJ!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:02:57 AM »
I understand the uses and functions of Iphones and complete contest runs uploaded 5 mins after the actual contest and what not, so I understand who the hell wants to watch a contest edit 2 weeks after it happened...Just let me entertain myself with something different time to time. So...just hit the stop button on youtube TJ!

I'm not trying to be overly critical, it was definitely a good edit. I just wish I could have seen more of what went down.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
Sorry, Tom, but I'm siding with TJ on this one, especially since your video is the only video on youtube of the 2011 Flatland Fanatics contest.  It's a great edit, nonetheless; however, it's the only footage of the event, which, while entertaining, is frustrating not getting to see much as far as riding goes. 

This edit would make a great intro for a full coverage edit of the event.  For example: there was one link of Dez and I know that was not one of the links that put him on the podium.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:09:31 PM »
I don´t really want to make this into much more than it is. Tom is an awesome videomaker and his sh*t always looks good as opposed to a lot of videos, i know he will keep making videos no matter what, but man, hatin´on his edit is crazy... sweet edit tom.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 01:05:51 AM »
I don´t really want to make this into much more than it is. Tom is an awesome videomaker and his sh*t always looks good as opposed to a lot of videos, i know he will keep making videos no matter what, but man, hatin´on his edit is crazy... sweet edit tom.

Man, I'm getting so tired of people taking small criticism that is laced with compliment and praise and turning it around as f*cking "hating". it's not, and if you can't discriminate between the two you need lessons in basic English.

It's a great edit, I just wish there was MORE riding in it. Everything else could stay I just wish I could have seen more of Dez's/Waldemar/Dominik's stuff.

So yeah, go ahead and turn this post into how I'm "hating" on Tom for putting his edits together when I never have anything truly bad to say about them. I love his camera work and his knack for stringing together cutaways with riding, and giving riders character beyond their tricks and style. I just want to see more of that, just like everyone on these forums.

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
I like the walking cat...

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 01:51:45 AM »
I must be a hater then, because I prefer seeing landed complete links in edits as well. And I absolutely love the Sevisual edits, so anyone trying to bend this preference into some stab at their work is a moron.

Offline tom

• Funky Chicken
    • Sevisual.com
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »

Cmon guys, its just a simple web edit,..I never film the whole contest. Making a full contest edit with 
 long combos is a different story.

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
great work again, honestly your videos have been a big inspiration and are somewhat responsible for me getting back into video making.. right on!
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
T consistently films web edits that raise the bar. There are few, if any, in the world of flatland who's body of work compares; and on that note, I don't believe he "owes" us anything at all. I understand that riders want to see more, and it's fine to say that, but not to criticize him because of it.  I enjoyed the video, and I'll full stop there.
Contest edits by nature, are full of logistical issues for a filmer, so I just wanted to say thanks for making this. I enjoyed it, and thought it was really really well done.  I have no doubt that we will continue to see more unbelievably good work, with plenty of full links, from sevisual.