Author Topic: Whats the difference between a wheelchair glide and a crackpacker?  (Read 6799 times)

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
Re: Whats the difference between a wheelchair glide and a crackpacker?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
Here we go again with this conversation and people can't even grasp what Pete is saying in the video. He says a wheelchair is scuffing. He then specifically states that a crackpacker behind the seat is called a crackhanger -- obviously named from the quite OBVIOUS observation that the trick looks like a combination of a crackpacker and cliffhanger. Get it? Not so hard.

Offline Deadwing

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
I call it a flying dragon. It sounds cooler anyways. honestly go tell someone you practiced some flying dragons today. It will sound alot better than a crackpacker or wheel chair.

"I just did a flying dragon to switch tiger roll"
"i can finally do zombie jugglers to flying dragon to a switch handed katana glide"

You guys keep arguing about doing crackpackers or wheelchair glides. Im going to do some flying dragons.

And for the record a crackhanger is actually called the rising sun. Because more people get interested in flatland when they don't have stupid names.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:44:23 AM by Deadwing »
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hashcab217

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
Deadwing:
I call it a flying dragon. It sounds cooler anyways. honestly go tell someone you practiced some flying dragons today. It will sound alot better than a crackpacker or wheel chair.

"i can finally do zombie jugglers to flying dragon to a switch handed katana glide"

You guys keep arguing about doing crackpackers or wheelchair glides. Im going to do some flying dragons.

And for the record a crackhanger is actually called the rising sun. Because more people get interested in flatland when they don't have stupid names.

This was good!

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
arguing names can be a pain when everyone else is wrong and cant see why, but it is nice to have a common understanding of what we're talking about. if anyone has any questions they can pm me, im right about all this sh*t all the time anyway.
life is short. stunt it.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
arguing names can be a pain when everyone else is wrong and cant see why, but it is nice to have a common understanding of what we're talking about. if anyone has any questions they can pm me, {that's very nice of you...}im right about all this sh*t all the time anyway.
{that crack me up, like real LOL, don't know why, maybe it's the ego part...lol}

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »
Trick names only really matter if you're the type of person that would prefer talking about riding rather than doing it :)

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »

zombie jugglers and flying dragons sound equally stupid to me

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »
yeah trick names are dumb! now me, i just go like this, then i go like this, then i go like this for a bit and then i do this. i pull it most of the time.
life is short. stunt it.

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Trick names only really matter if you're the type of person that would prefer talking about riding rather than doing it :)
says the guy on a flatland forum.................................. ellipsis rolls the eyes then a smileyface and beeeer
life is short. stunt it.

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »
Or to talk about stoned. But I could see how looking up videos online would be quicker if you knew the name... What is a bailarina called.. like cross footed backwards non scuffing megaspin_

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 11:51:43 PM »
Since I am the old coot historian, I have a magazine with Woody doing the wheelchair.  He was sitting on the crossbar and the bars were backwards.  Robert Peterson invented the Squeakerson where he was standing, bars forward and squeaking with foot and brake use.

Personally, I like trick names.  They help explain, dare I say define, what moves are being done.  Plus, it's just fun to name tricks.  If you don't believe me, ask John Doenut.