Author Topic: Justin Miller wins the BMX Masters  (Read 14465 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Justin Miller wins the BMX Masters
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »

It's Saturday evening in Cologne and we have the first news : Justin Miller seems to own a subscription for this contest - once again it is the first place for him. Congratulations ! Check the complete results of Pro, Expert and Girl classes :

Pro:
1. Justin Miller
2. Michael Sommer
3. Sam Foakes
4. Shintaro Misawa
5. Waldemar Fatkin
6. Matthias Dandois
7. Raphael Chiquet
8. Sebastian Pospischil
9. Michael Steingräber
10. Frank Lukas
11. Adam Kun
12. Martti Kuoppa

Expert :
1. Miguel Tardio
2. Andras Balogh
3. Gabor Szmetamko
4. Rayk Hahne
5. Aleksi Ritsilä
6. Malte Orth
7. Gabor Szitas
8. Pascal Nanko
9. Navid Saleki
10. Sebastian Schulz
11. Eric Suin

Girls :
1. Irina Sadovnik
2. Monika Hinz
3. Andrea Ostertag
4. Niele Biener

Tomorrow will be the Best Trick Contest and Master final. Some first photos and more news will follow soon. So you better stay online now !

Offline TheBodenseeler

• Hitchhiker
Re: Justin Miller wins the BMX Masters
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »
Congrats Justin!!
But....YES...CONGRATS TO MICHAEL AND ESPECIALLY TO WALDEMAR!!
Snowsuit Up!!!!

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »
What a line-up that comp must have been awsome!
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:16:07 AM »
Will there be a video? I wanna see what new stuff Justin and Sam have. And Martii placed 12th, what happened there?

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 12:38:56 AM »
thats tight i cant wait to see footage.esp justin,sam,sommer and Waldemar.im wondering what new stuff they all got.

TJ Perry

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 12:53:59 AM »
Will there be a video? I wanna see what new stuff Justin and Sam have. And Martii placed 12th, what happened there?

He probobly didn't land his stuff and/or other people hit better tricks.

Offline antman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »
go to www.freecaster.com they have a little bit up Adam , justin and steingrabber .

h_man

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 01:12:01 AM »
Thats some pro line up well done Justin & Sam u.k represent . :beer:

joshd

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:41:44 AM »

i have the same question, and i think there is more to it then that.  that IS an obvious answer...but come on...12th place?  looks like he qualified 4th, looking here: 
http://www.bmxmasters.com/downloads/results/07/proFlatQualifierResults.pdf

...so does he have some super new bombs that he just couldn't pull?  was he hurt?  something more then "he just got beat"...atleast i think.  maybe just everyone else is progressing more, but from my point of view martti rides pretty friggin hard and i would expect to see him higher up in that list.  was this elimination format and he just "unluckily" got picked and knocked out early?

jd.

TJ Perry

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 04:58:42 AM »

i have the same question, and i think there is more to it then that.  that IS an obvious answer...but come on...12th place?  looks like he qualified 4th, looking here: 

...so does he have some super new bombs that he just couldn't pull?  was he hurt?  something more then "he just got beat"...atleast i think.  maybe just everyone else is progressing more, but from my point of view martti rides pretty friggin hard and i would expect to see him higher up in that list.  was this elimination format and he just "unluckily" got picked and knocked out early?

jd.

Ok, time out.

This kind of thinking is what causes so much controversy in contests these days. Some people cannot let their idols come down from the pedestal that they put them on and just come to terms with the fact that they arn't gods. Unless you were there, or you saw the footage, just accept the fact that he didn't get first or second or whatever you think Martti Kuoppa should be handed at every contest.

This isn't the first time I've heard this stuff about how people are surprised to find out so and so didn't qualify or win or whatever. A year after Martti won the x games for the 3rd year in a row, martti lands 18th place. People have off days. That's it.

norcalmutt

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 07:06:44 AM »
yep
riders do have off days and thats explainable
so yeah everyone should back of martti
lates

joshd

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 07:58:04 AM »

jd.

Ok, time out.

This kind of thinking is what causes so much controversy in contests these days. Some people cannot let their idols come down from the pedestal that they put them on and just come to terms with the fact that they arn't gods. Unless you were there, or you saw the footage, just accept the fact that he didn't get first or second or whatever you think Martti Kuoppa should be handed at every contest.

This isn't the first time I've heard this stuff about how people are surprised to find out so and so didn't qualify or win or whatever. A year after Martti won the x games for the 3rd year in a row, martti lands 18th place. People have off days. That's it.

i see your point of view, yes.  but what you say does not change mine.  i dont think he should be handed anything.  maybe he did just have an off day.  maybe not.  either way id like someone who was there to comment.  that or id like to see the footage.  maybe i do put him on a pedestal i dont think i do though.  im not exactly even a fan of his style, but he does some super hard stuff and is definitely one of the best riders out there...i dont think you can argue with that.  i think my thoughts about his riding are not completely biased and are semi educated...maybe not as much as you but enough. 

id bet that im more right about this right now...if i "lost" id be more then happy to admit that i was wrong and you were right, i guess we'll see.

jd.

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »
I'd have to agree with TJ on this one about Martii. Every rider has their off day, but keep in mind that Martii is always pushing the envelope and throwing out some very hard, technical tricks.  He doesn't "play it safe" most of the time at contests and seems to always go for the hardest moves, which increases his chances of error.  Not to say that the other riders didn't throw out their hardest stuff, but again, it brings us back to the fact that these guys will have their good days and their bad ones.  Anxious to see some video though. word.

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 08:40:03 AM »
Off day, thats the only real logical thing I can think of. Im stoked to see Shintaro up there, hes got some insanely technical riding when I watched him. And its also nice to see Justin Miller back in action.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »
wow mike s rode good huh?i really dig adams kun's ody variel into wheel chair thing,looks really hard