Author Topic: BIKE STOLEN. (recovered)  (Read 6320 times)

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
BIKE STOLEN. (recovered)
« on: October 01, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
hi guys. sad news for me. This morning, i went down to my bike garage down my flat i'm living hoping for some ride session just to find that the bike garage got broken. my bmx and my road bike got stolen.the thieves managed to cut my bike chain locks

if you guys found any people selling bmx bikes or parts that's on ebay,craigslist,gumtree please contact me.

MY bike Parts LIST:

frame: A Bad thing 20.5 black
forks: A Bad Thing forks
bars: A Bad Thing Bad Bars
stem: ares ind4
grips: Flybikes fino
barend: Flybikes
headset: Odyssey + Ares cma
pegs: Sequence majic stick
cranks: eastern bikes titanium cranks 175mm with titanium spindle and bolts
sprocket: tree bike co spline drive 18t
pedals: colony
seatclamp: Arestic with titanium bolt
seat: Shadow conspiracy pivotal with titanium bolt
seatpost: Shadow conspiracy pivotal
chain: Ares ybn Ti chain
front wheel:
proper front hub with titanium bolts/washers
Alienation Deviant 36s
primo alloy spokes
odyssey freq. g's
rearwheel:
khe geisha with custom titanium bolts/ alloy washers
aliention deviant rims 36s
primo alloy spokes n alloy nipples
primo comet tire

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:29:52 PM by faqe »

byke

Re: HELP. BIKE STOLEN. :(
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
Did u seriously have ti cranks and all those ti bolts or is that a copy and paste of the description to the insurance company?

Either way I hope you retrieve back your bike from what ever scouse half inched it.

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »
byke: yes, i do have titanium cranks(owned it since 2006/07) and all ti bolts(bought all of them in 2008). i still have the receipts for most of them. but unluckily, i don't have insurance for my bikes.

i haven't snap any pics of my current setup since september last year so the last picture i snap inside my flat my bike has profile mags cranks put on and few weeks later i swap back to my ti cranks because the profile mag pedal thread was busted.
if i'm not mistaken, Aleks did snap a picture of my bike with the Ti cranks on 2months ago.

plus, now i have added my ti cranks pics from my previous setup.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:18:05 PM by faqe »

byke

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »
Won't the house insurance cover this since they broke in?

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »
nope. since i live in a flat. my insurance only covers my home, not the bike garage or my car parking lot.

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
That sucks to have your bike stolen, but atleast, it's easy to recognize because not many people have flatland bikes, so it'll be easier to find than a generic mountain or road bike.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:18 PM »
I've been tempted to move to the UK for a few years but that is the one thing that has held me back. There's too much crime as far as robberies and theft. I wish you the best of luck with located your bike

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
Re: BIKE STOLEN. (recovered)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
after almost 3weeks. i got my bike back. i knew that local police couldn't do much so i took the effort to look all over the city and asking around street bmxers for the past 2weeks. Lucky me last weekend, while i was walking in the city, i saw few kids age around 9-14years old with bmx and i recognized that one of the bike is mine. So quickly i ran towards the kid. But the kid with my bike seems to know that i was running towards him so he quickly peddled away. I ran more than a mile chasing the kid before stopping due to loss of breath. but luck was on my side that day because luckily that couple of bmx kid around the city that i met after that told me that the kid just got that bike and was going to start learn riding. So with help with a local bmx shop owner and the bmx kids, they managed to trace the kid and get my bike back.
the kid that had my bike told me that his dad bought my bike from a stranger at the train station near my home. ( i didn't buy his word. i believe that the kid probably know who stole my bikes so i still pass his details to the police).

Anyways. I had to repaint my bike since it got lots of scratch n minor dents since the thieves cutting my bike locks, i had to re-setup my wheels since it was being trashed, my plastic pegs was used to learn grind. almost all the allen bolts on my bmx stem, cranks, seat clamps was rounded because i guess the thieves tried to dismantle my bike. damn it.  >:( >:(

Now i put my bikes inside my bedroom. the safest place i know!

plus: the reminds me to snap more of my bike pics since it does helps if anything happens
and i'm still looking for my missing road bike.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:30:30 PM by faqe »

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 12:38:47 AM »
Awesome!!

:beer:

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 04:21:25 AM »
1. great news you got it back
2. take a picture of yourself with your bike, print out the picture and roll it into the seatpost. potentially if somebody doesn't let go of your bike and claims that its his, you can easily get somebody round, tell them there's the picture inside the bike, and have easy prove.
3. take pictures of your bike whenever you've changed parts to keep a current update, life's so much easier when in a pinch.
4. what kind of 'bike garage' is it?? is it shared with other apartment tenants?
5. whenever a bike's taken, print poster with bike details/your details to give out to local riders and bikeshops, but DON'T post on the internet. bike shop people can keep an eye on it easier when there's reference/reminder on paper, but posting on the internet will almost always lead to the bike being parted.
6. keep surfing local trade forums, ebay, yahoo auction, craiglist etc - you might be able to find it posted there for sale. when you do, contact the police. they do get people to pretend to buy it etc.
7. always file a police report when you lose the bike, along with a picture/bike details

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »
thanks for the advice.

yeah, never thought of putting a picture and some details of me inside the seat post but anyways, i will start to do it now.

happy to ride again!

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »
The seatpost picture is a really nice idea! I'll do it too.

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »
Glad to hear you got the bike back.  They rounded out your ti bolts, geez  that is a some expensive damage alone.

to echo what jsteady said: http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/71/generation-fcked.html  would you concur since you are there?

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 12:35:35 AM »
I f*cking hate the UK and i've lived here since I was -10 months.

glad you got your bike back. one of mine is still out there.

Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

loque

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
I f*cking hate the UK and i've lived here since I was -10 months.

glad you got your bike back. one of mine is still out there.

Hey man which bike did you loose? I had my mountain bike stripped outside work a couple years back they even took out the headset . Isnt it - 9 months?