Author Topic: Flatland DVDs to watch online.  (Read 15954 times)

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Flatland DVDs to watch online.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:53:48 AM »
ha
got them all in my collection and yeah cool to watch them online
too and for the younger kids coming up especially!

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »

awesome bobby!! thanks alot! started working my way through them tonight!! cheers- Tom

BMXfreak

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
don't know if its just me, but when i pause a video or rewind to rewatch a trick all the buffering that has happened just disappears and the video freezes and the loading icon comes on and then i just dont even finish the video because i just cant tell when it will start playing again, kind of a buzz kill... am i the only one experiencing this, because if not you should check out the video player you are using on your website... but dont get me wrong its amazing that you put up all these dvds for free! A lot of videos that came out when i first got into riding, but was never able to get a hold of and now im experiencing them for the first time! amazing! major props

Offline Bobby

• Cliffhanger
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:23:11 AM »
This is the exact same system used on the ESPN and Alli Sports sites, so it should work. Not sure what computer, operating system you're on, or your connection speed, but if you have some issues, just reload the page and scroll to point where you were watching.

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
don't know if its just me, but when i pause a video or rewind to rewatch a trick all the buffering that has happened just disappears and the video freezes and the loading icon comes on and then i just dont even finish the video because i just cant tell when it will start playing again, kind of a buzz kill... am i the only one experiencing this, because if not you should check out the video player you are using on your website... but dont get me wrong its amazing that you put up all these dvds for free! A lot of videos that came out when i first got into riding, but was never able to get a hold of and now im experiencing them for the first time! amazing! major props

exactly the same problem....

Offline Bobby

• Cliffhanger
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
I just tried to replicate that problem, but could not get it to freeze like that on any of my computers. What year computer, operating system, and browsers are you using? I'll send a message to the engineers about it.

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
It freezes on me too sometimes\
a bit frustrating for me and probably
for the others too!

Offline Bobby

• Cliffhanger
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
It would greatly help if you can send me what computer, operating system, and browser you are using.
I'm using a mac pro with snow leopard and a macbook pro with tiger.  Both with Safari and Firefox and I can't get it to freeze on me. So please send me your set up so I can send the issue to the engineers to see if they can fix it.

BMXfreak

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 01:26:35 AM »
Hey Bobby, sorry it took me some time to get back to you on this. I actually purchased a mackbook pro this summer, new, equipped with lion and an upgraged hard drive and increased memory for graphic design purposes, so i dont believe the problem would be my computer or operating system. I prefer to use Safari. I was previously using a dell and was frustrated when this problem still occured on my new computer. I do attend school and the internet on my campus can be extremely slow at times... but im fairly certain ive struggled with these videos even on my macbook at my house, where the internet is on point. The thing is even if the internet is slow, ive tried to pause the video right off the bat, let it buffer a bit, but not even a quarter into the buffering the buffering seems to just stop and then if i click play to at least watch the little bit that has buffered the loading ring comes on and all the buffering appears to have gone away.

the problem isnt always that bad though, seems that even if the video is fully buffered up and ready to play fully through if you rewind about twice or even pause a few times all the buffering disappears and the video than has to re-buffer

BMXfreak

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 01:28:18 AM »
And im just bringing this up because ive been experiencing this for quite some time and i want you and the viewers to get the most out of this website and great video selection  :beer:

Offline Bobby

• Cliffhanger
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:09 AM »
In order for me to try and get this issue solved, I need to know what operating systems and browsers you guys are using. Please, someone who has this issue, post your operating system and browser version. Thanks.

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 04:22:46 AM »

Im using windows vista and firefox. can't load the video up, like I do with youtube etc... I have to watch it as its streaming. If I pause or rewind, it freezes up and I have to start all over again

Offline Bobby

• Cliffhanger
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 07:13:01 AM »

Try this: To the right of the timeline there is a button that has a bunch of squares.  When you click it, you can choose your video quality: low, med, high, and auto. Take it off auto and choose low, medium, or high.   

On auto, it will keep switching  between low, medium, and high versions of the video depending on your connection speed. So if your connection speed is changing a lot, it could be switching too much. That's my guess. 

I'm going to send the information to the engineers to see what they have to say.

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
im on a Toshiba laptop and windows 2011 and it happens with some of the videos but not all of them!

use window internet explorer and norton internet security

hopes that helps!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:07:06 PM by rideflat43 »