Author Topic: pegs for the money  (Read 7023 times)

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
pegs for the money
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
Just geting my peg money set aside, i was looking a the infinity ka pegs but im wondering is it worth droping the extra money on the tree pegs? I know there much lighter but its like a $40 differance on a set of four.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: pegs for the money
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:56:21 PM »
The KA pegs are a good value for your dollar.The extra money that the TREE pegs cost is what you have to pay for extra quality 7075 aluminum  and of course the cost of it being a brand name.

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
Just making sure...7075 is a harder alloy?

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »
Just making sure...7075 is a harder alloy?
yes it is and STRONGER too.

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
I've run both. The Ka's are a worthy peg at an awesome price but the Tree's are worth every penny. I like the tighter knurling pattern on the Tree's and I like that the Balsa's are one diameter across the entire length of the peg as opposed to the Infinity's which taper toward the dropout.

loque

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
Go with Malo at Pir , he will custom make pegs for you in almost any material you choose and to your exact spec , it doesnt get better than that.

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »
So the trees are a better buy in the long run

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
Custom pegs out of europ are bit much. But the idea is a goodie

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
I got a used set of Tree pegs and I have to say, I was kind of disappointed. I found the tiny super-low profile knurling to be far from grippy- actually I ended up putting grip tape on top. I have KA pegs in back, and for the money they are a good value. If you have the money, Sequence pegs are fantastic.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
i've ridden ka's a while now and they are a very good peg.  the knurling is a bit much but managable.  all my buddies have tree pegs and they all love them.  i love em too but not at that price.  i'm waiting til a set of 4 comes up for sale here...  ;D

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 12:37:57 AM »
I just got two sets of Infinity pegs, and I love them!  The knurling is a bit more than the Suelo pegs I had before, but they feel good and seem sturdy enough.  Can't comment on the Tree pegs, never rode them...
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 12:55:10 AM »
I ride the Infinity pegs on the back also, the aluminium is a little soft and the ends have got slightly mashed from me being sh*t at riding, better than plastic pegs though for sure. The knurling is fairly deep as mentioned above but for the price they are bang on.. fit 10 and 14mm axles too which you don't see much on a flatland peg these days.
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 04:52:11 AM »
Yeah so for someone who crashes a lot, which pegs would last?
My plastic ones on the back are f*cked as and I don't want to waste 50 bucks on a set of tree pegs that are just going to get munted
still learning

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
Yeah so for someone who crashes a lot, which pegs would last?
My plastic ones on the back are f*cked as and I don't want to waste 50 bucks on a set of tree pegs that are just going to get munted

best bargian is Infinity KA pegs, imo. I mash the snot out of mine, and although they get a little messy on the ends, for the price, they're definitely a solid choice...but like I said, Sequence last. my pair up front lasted 3 years before I put them in back. ended up loosing the steel end in one, but shoot, after 3 years of use, I can't even complain about that.

Offline Greenball

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:25:51 AM »
The sequence pegs sound like a happy medium the 7075 ones are about 40 bucks a pair. That sounds like a winner. I was a little concerned about the build geting too light anyhow