Author Topic: Sequence "The HooK" Sig. stem by Brandon Fenton Pre-Orders!  (Read 19328 times)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Sequence "The HooK" Sig. stem by Brandon Fenton Pre-Orders!
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2020, 07:57:35 PM »

boom! wonder what the sizes will be?

I wish they would re-release this stem in cool colors just go give me a reason to buy another.
Purple or Shiny Green plz.  :P

lol only took 11 years!!!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Rollin_goat125

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2020, 08:32:08 PM »
Where can we find info on these and order? Seems like everything is through FB now, which I stay away from.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2020, 12:30:07 AM »
Where can we find info on these and order? Seems like everything is through FB now, which I stay away from.
Just got mine on Flatland Fuel.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
The Hook stems are back. Now available in 26mm or 33mm.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:25:17 PM by out~riding »

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2021, 07:38:33 PM »
Very cool, I'm considering trying one of these. One problem I have with all stems I've tried is that no matter how tight I tighten the part that clamps the bar, the bars will always shift ever so slightly forward or backward a tiny bit when crashing hard in just the right way. Like, for example, landing the bars hard onto the ground in a hitchhiker position. I'm not surprised this happens considering the forces/physics applied, I just find it frustrating because even a tiny change is quite noticeable to me.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
I use the original hook stem and I have to say, the bars never move...

I don't crash on the bars often though.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2021, 11:40:04 PM »
Very cool, I'm considering trying one of these. One problem I have with all stems I've tried is that no matter how tight I tighten the part that clamps the bar, the bars will always shift ever so slightly forward or backward a tiny bit when crashing hard in just the right way. Like, for example, landing the bars hard onto the ground in a hitchhiker position. I'm not surprised this happens considering the forces/physics applied, I just find it frustrating because even a tiny change is quite noticeable to me.
you ever take a nail file to the clamping surface of your stem? It'll make the surface grippier.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2021, 11:50:50 PM »
Thanks mambocowboy I may give that a try. I had thought about doing something like this, essentially 'knurling' the inside surface but hadn't really thought about how best to do it. A bit of scratching up the surface with a file without removing too much material might just do the job. I have a couple of old stems I don't use anymore, I'll try it on one of those first.

👍

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2021, 12:51:30 AM »
Thanks mambocowboy I may give that a try. I had thought about doing something like this, essentially 'knurling' the inside surface but hadn't really thought about how best to do it. A bit of scratching up the surface with a file without removing too much material might just do the job. I have a couple of old stems I don't use anymore, I'll try it on one of those first.

👍
Been working well for me on a bunch of stems.

Offline FlatSociety

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
    • FlatSociety
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2021, 12:48:07 PM »

If you're in the market for the V2 Hook Stem Hit me Up :) 
https://flatsocietybmx.com/collections/stems/products/sequence-flatland-stem