deep bmx the blitz 18.7" TT
7 (31.8%)
odyssey flatware the waltz. only size 18.9" TT
12 (54.5%)
st martin downtown 2011 19" TT
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 18, 2011, 07:11:16 PM

Author Topic: vote and compare, want to know your opinion plz.  (Read 6751 times)

Offline devin

• Funky Chicken
Re: vote and compare, want to know your opinion plz.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:49:18 AM »
I ride the blitz and I LOVE mine. I bought it as a beginner as well. The thing that attracted me to the frame was its looks, so I read every single thread on the whole internet about the frame and came to the conclusion that I couldnt go wrong. Good luck.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »
thx devin...i have been reading too but i need to know the personal opinions too.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
I ride the blitz and I LOVE mine. I bought it as a beginner as well. The thing that attracted me to the frame was its looks, so I read every single thread on the whole internet about the frame and came to the conclusion that I couldnt go wrong. Good luck.

man I just hope you're point of view is not censored by TJ, as it has to do with looks.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »
I don't censor anything, but it is a horrible metric to go by when choosing new parts. If you are so concerned about the looks that you don't pay attention to geometry or function, what good is it going to do you if it's a terrible fit for your riding?

Why does this even need explaining? ???

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:20 PM »
waltz.75 ha.
plus warantee,plus years of testing,plus odyssey,plus simple design and has space where you need it.
blitz no, expensive and it the gusset on the seatpost-tt looks ugly.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 12:50:38 AM »
 i need to know why you/he wrote "75ha"
a frame with 75º in head tube...what do you mean about 75º? is a good geo?
most people ride or like 75º frames?
or it is a personal election?
whats the difference between having a 75º or 74 or 70?

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »

zOek, if you have an iphone, download a clinometer app. You can then look at angles of your current ride and see where other frames may compare, or at least on a visual basis.
To me the Blitz has always had kinda sluggish looking geo, but it's a short frame overall, so maybe that makes up for it.
The Flatware frame has more aggressive geo, so it may respond a little faster but at the same time have a little more room, as well as having a larger wheelbase. But I'm speculating, sense I don't have ALL the numbers on both frames and only owning one. Furthermore, much of how a frame acts is what you are used to. That's one of the reasons why everyone keeps saying it's about preference.
Here's more about how to measure frames:
 http://www.bikeguide.org/guides/geometry/geometry101.php
BTW, I have a FW frame, love and beat the hell out of it every day.
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
thanks for your opinion

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Best you go to a jam and tryout different rides.Its the best way to help you out in decision.:beer:
One Last Ride.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 08:00:08 PM »
well,i would say 75 head angle might be the best for flatland,(thats my personal opinion)
.its not fast like 75.5 and its not slow like 73.5.
its getting popped up easier than a 74.5 angle and you can keep it easier also than others most steep head angles.
i have tried quamen clad with 76.5 for three years,then frames with 74.5, or even 74.7 and i would say the 75 is the best if you want to use a minimal or zero fork.
with 74.5 and minimal fork the bike is very slow for some switches for me,but with 75 and minimal or zero fork it feels perfect.
this is my personal opinion though,but i would give more base to the others that i have said,like warantee,fully heatreated,frame space,etc.
i dont think in i jam you can find what you are looking for as all bikes are setup different,like different height in bars,sweep in bars,stems,chain stay lenght,weight.everything.
and you cant see than in 3-4 hours..it needs time to see what you like.
i would say get what is better deal for money as frame is not important for you at the moment.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
such a nice answers to my doubts thanks to all for hel me in a decision.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »
After riding 75.5, 75, 74.5, & 74 ht angles, I won't ride a 75 ht frame without an angle slacker to drop it down to 74.5 or less.  I found whiplashes, nose manuals, front yards, and pretty much any technical switch to be impossible with 75 & 75.5 ht angles. 

To be honest, a 74 or 74.5 ht angle doesn't make "slower" the way others are describing; everything is just as fast - you just have way more control. 
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
After riding 75.5, 75, 74.5, & 74 ht angles, I won't ride a 75 ht frame without an angle slacker to drop it down to 74.5 or less.  I found whiplashes, nose manuals, front yards, and pretty much any technical switch to be impossible with 75 & 75.5 ht angles. 

To be honest, a 74 or 74.5 ht angle doesn't make "slower" the way others are describing; everything is just as fast - you just have way more control. 
do you ride 74.5 with minimal fork by the way?or zero?