deep bmx the blitz 18.7" TT
7 (31.8%)
odyssey flatware the waltz. only size 18.9" TT
12 (54.5%)
st martin downtown 2011 19" TT
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 18, 2011, 07:11:16 PM

Author Topic: vote and compare, want to know your opinion plz.  (Read 6755 times)

Offline zOekcitO

vote and compare, want to know your opinion plz.
« on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
Just i wanna buy a new frame.
i need to know your opinions, who is the best option for flat riding only? (not mix of street).
the stronger, the best geometry, quality, confortable etc.
thanks to all.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: vote and compare, want to know your opinion plz.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
Just i wanna buy a new frame.
i need to know your opinions, who is the best option for flat riding only? (not mix of street).
the stronger, the best geometry, quality, confortable etc.
thanks to all.

What don't you understand?

You need to figure this out on your own. You don't seem to know what makes each of these frames different, which means no matter what you pick it won't matter.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
but if you buy them all ,,you'll be labeled a "bike whore"..just dont post pix till you've settled on one...seriously, if you even care about the politics of this place.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »
politics what man! this is a poll i can put everything about parts and bikes.
the weight and height just im normal height and weight
i need to know if someone breaked any of these frames so i cant get one of that frames to brak it in 1 year...confortable to riding it...is not the same frame the angles and inches so the riding or feeling the manipulation of the bike changes.....understand anything of what im writing or i have to put in in espaņol?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:38:32 AM »
but if you buy them all ,,you'll be labeled a "bike whore"..just dont post pix till you've settled on one...seriously, if you even care about the politics of this place.

Yes if he buys all the frames without knowing what makes each of them different that would be kind of silly wouldn't it.

We ARE trying to help you z0e, but we need to know what you are looking for to start out with. I know you said you want a flatland only frame, but if you're 6 ft 10 inches and weigh 300 lbs then I need to know all that so I can make a recommendation.

Ignore Juggs, he doesn't ride anyway.

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
hi. sorry. now i have a frame with 18.9tt  cs 12.5  with this i am confortable but i think if this frame was 18.5 it will be good. im 5.8 feet aprox (178cm) and weight aprox 189lbs (86kg)
im trying to buy a new one cause this is a hand made...
im not pro or expert rider...im "beginner" i started about 5 months if it helps (seriously i want to buy a new one and i know i can continue practicing with this i have now but really i want a new one)
im practicing time machine, half whiplash to steam roller (then comes hitchicker) i wll practice hang 5...

i ask you these questions because here no one have any of these frames to tell me how they are or if have problems with... if it helps good so any questions ask me i will try to answer
Sorry for my inglish

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
Ill be honest, while newer riders may not know exactly what geo they like or need, they will require something STRONG to deal with the rigors of flatland. That being said, the flatware WALTZ is your best bet.

I think alot of us wish we could have gotten a frame with a great warranty like odyssey offers.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »
thanks for your opinion.

Offline Joshua S.

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • Modern Bikes BMX
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
That's a decision you will have to make. I could tell you what I would get... but our the one ultimately that will have to decide...
The Odyssey Flatware frame is fully heat treated. It also has a lifetime warranty. The blitz is fully heat treated. The St. Marin is partially heat treated. Fully heat treated would be the strongest.
The the best geometry, comfortable, etc. is up to you. It might help if you recognize how your old frame feels and decide what you don't and do like. Then use that in choosing.

Modern Bikes is all about YOU the rider:
www.modernbikesbmx.com

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
flatware and downtown look kind of gay to me, design wise. the blitz is pure style. if you're attracted by its geometry, and you can afford it, then get the blitz.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:24:49 PM by kabirun »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 11:26:43 PM »
flatware and strowler look kind of gay to me,

First of all, what self respecting adult says this? Grow up. Second, I'm assuming you mean gay in some negative light, and why is it that you find these two frames to be bad? Why would it matter how they look?

design wise. the blitz is pure style. if you're attracted by its geometry, and you can afford it, then get the blitz.

Why would you base the frame you choose purely on how it looks and how it's "pure style"?

You are giving someone who seems to be a totally new rider completely wrong advice on how to choose a frame and I cannot believe people are still using "gay" as a derogatory term in 2011.

[/quote]

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »
flatware and strowler look kind of gay to me,

First of all, what self respecting adult says this? Grow up. Second, I'm assuming you mean gay in some negative light, and why is it that you find these two frames to be bad? Why would it matter how they look?

design wise. the blitz is pure style. if you're attracted by its geometry, and you can afford it, then get the blitz.

Why would you base the frame you choose purely on how it looks and how it's "pure style"?

You are giving someone who seems to be a totally new rider completely wrong advice on how to choose a frame and I cannot believe people are still using "gay" as a derogatory term in 2011.

man, you're really taking away all the fun. this is a flat forum. let me express myself. plus, I don't mean any harm to gay people - what the word straight is now derogatory too? but in regular talk the word gay is the opposite of straight and viceversa, right?  hence my description of those curvy frames as "gay".

plus where is the wrong advice? I mean, all those frames are known to be decent quality (perhaps the st. martin less than the others)  so, making that clear, yes, I'm telling him go for the nicest one "if you are attracted to that geo"

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »
Right I'm sure you meant to refer to those frames as "curvy" and not use gay in a derogatory way.

Your advice was "pick the stylish frame". How is that correct?

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 01:07:48 AM »
Ill be honest, while newer riders may not know exactly what geo they like or need, they will require something STRONG to deal with the rigors of flatland. That being said, the flatware WALTZ is your best bet.

I think alot of us wish we could have gotten a frame with a great warranty like odyssey offers.

+1 

It might take a beginner years to figure out what geometry they like.  In the mean time, find something you think will last for awhile.  Waltz is a great choice, if not for the geometry...at least it has the best warranty in the business. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline zOekcitO

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:19 AM »
thanks for answers and opinions