Author Topic: Building block tricks  (Read 1340 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Building block tricks
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I was interested in what you guys think are good building block tricks for beginners?  I sometimes teach the kids in the neighborhood a few simple tricks, and I do mean simple by today's standards.  I usually start the kids off with Fork Wheelies, Cyclones, Infinity Rolls and Endos, that sort of stuff.  I see a lot of people these days starting off trying stuff like Hang-Fives, Steam Rollers, etc.   To me, that's kind of a mistake because I hate to see people loose faith so easily and quickly, but I do realize the learning curve is way different these days, and maybe I'm just old fashioned(or maybe just OLD).  So give me some tricks that you guys think are good for absolute beginners!  If it requires hopping in any form, that's a no! Ha, ha...

Oh, and I tell them to atleast keep the front brake until they get a bit more skilled.  I know hardly any of the pros use them these days(and they all want to emulate the pros), but I think it's an important skill to learn still.  Even if you never use them again.  Is this just old fashioned thinking too?   :P
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Rennace

• Funky Chicken
Re: Building block tricks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
all scuffing tricks.  It is ridculous the amount of progression I made from a simple lardyard combo.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Building block tricks
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Karl krusers and steamrollers using both hands. I can't tell you how much not knowing these has held me back.

basically learning early on to hold the seat with either hand is key.