Author Topic: BMX Freestyler: Pinky Squeak contest  (Read 9736 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
BMX Freestyler: Pinky Squeak contest
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
Rad Dad is about to start the next trick contest! This time its the Pinky Squeak:

\"With the success of the Hitchhiker Juggler contest in July. BMX Freestyler has decided to have another contest with Pinky Squeaks. After collecting information from other riders. This was the most requested trick in the community of flatlanders. Prize money is driven by us as a community of flatlanders. Last time BMX Freestyler gave David Hoffmann $277.77 and custom bars from London BMX. This was created because of you, the rider that wants to be able to give back and see someone really push there selves.\"

You\'ll find the rules at bmxfreestyler.com

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: BMX Freestyler: Pinky Squeak contest
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:47 PM »
I can't even do 1 pinky squeak  :P

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »
Well huh. This is interesting.

Doses

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:17:36 AM »
That trick Justin Miller is doing is a fire hydrant. Pinky Squeaks are counter clockwise. Original Pinky Squeaks were also done double footed off the tire not the peg. So which trick is the contest really about?

Doses

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »
Most BMX Pinky Squeaks Martti Kuoppa Small | Large
       This is a pinky squeak in 90s terms ...  Notice the counter clockwise direction.

Offline h410G3n

• Funky Chicken
    • My band!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:55 AM »
That trick Justin Miller is doing is a fire hydrant. Pinky Squeaks are counter clockwise. Original Pinky Squeaks were also done double footed off the tire not the peg. So which trick is the contest really about?

He does do a fire hydrant INTO a pinky though, doesn't he?

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
 I believe the fire hydrant variety of these are called "fire whips"

The direction of the frame doesn't determine if it is a "pinky squeak" or a "fire whip" because it depends on which foot you are using for your tire kicking foot and your peg foot.

A pinky squeak would be when the frame is aproaching your foot that is on the peg first and your tire kicking foot second.

A fire whip would be when your frame is aproaching your tire kicking foot first and the peg foot second.

And it's not really a scuff with your foot it's a kick..

Sounds like both are going to be allowed in this contest..

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »

ok at first I was interested but if we're going to have this conversation then nevermind ahahaha not even worth it

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 04:27:13 AM »
 Yeah, they all get grouped into "pinky squeaks" now, and I kinda agree with TJ, it can get a little ridiculous.  I just wanted to point out to h410g3 what the difference is.

Besides the rules on BMX Freestyler already say either way.  I'm sure double footed wouldn't be rejected either, ha !

Offline RonBaker

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:34 AM »
i say firehydrant whips or pinky squeaks... it doesnt mater really except the firehydrant whips are wayy harder. and double footed just increases difficulty. i once seen Nathan P do like 130 pinky squeaks at a comp in which he did regular, switch footed, x footed combinations in between. I think martii is going to win this contest if he puts a brake on...

loque

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
f*ck off you moany pedantic ass clowns , definitely up for some brakeless pinky action be a laugh init.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
Hey everyone I was reading all the information here and I got a Phone call from Ruben Castillo today. He gave me the real scoop on how Gary Pollak orginally created pinky squeaks. He used tire and frame with out the use of the front pegs. It can still go either direction with out a firehydrant though because that makes it a different trick. So I will be changing rule# 33. Pinky Squeaks can be done either direction. You can not use your pegs to complete your pinky squeaks. You must use only the tire and the top tube. They will be counted from normal riding position back to normal riding position.
They use of a peg is considerd a variation. I want to hold the contest in the true spirit of how Gary orginally did them. I want to dedicate this Contest to Gary for naming and coming up with this trick.

I will me making updates to BMX Freestyler along with updates about prizes. Thanks for your support. I am excited to see so many people wanting to get invovled and help put something together.

loque

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:56:52 PM »
Wait what? do you mean just the last pinky cant use pegs so you go back to pedals and ride off or am i supposed to do pinkys with no pegs at all?

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »
Ruben will be giving a demostartion on how to do both with and with out brakes with out the use of the pegs. I will be filming this on Saturday and I will get it up Saturday night. When I got the call from Ruben today and he started to explain that Gary did it all with out the use of a Peg and thats a real pinky squeak. I wanted to keep that tradition. I alwasy thought you could use a peg but that is a variation as Ruben explained to me.
Sorry for the changes but I really want to do this right.
Keep on Riding

loque

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 12:15:43 AM »
I will be the first to say i think thats a grave error , literally no one today does pinky squeeks without pegs think of it as the natural evolution or something , speaking from the perspective of brakeless multiples without peg use would be hell , il wait to see rubens vid but really i think this may be one time to ignore the 80s .