Author Topic: [Another] Full bike build help!  (Read 1817 times)

Offline dunnoh

[Another] Full bike build help!
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:14:26 AM »
Hey guys,

I took a break from riding for ~8 months and now I'm keen to get back in to the swing of things.
This bike will be STRICTLY for flatland, I want to focus my efforts on flat this Summer(Australian). Money isn't a huge issue but I do like to snatch up a bargain. So if you could recommend slightly cheaper options without sacrificing performance, I would really appreciate it.

My specs: Height, 162cm (6ft). Weight, 82.5kg (182lb) + might gain a few kg in the coming months.

Thanks heaps if you can help!!
(Already have a front wheel done but that's it)

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
Re: [Another] Full bike build help!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
Get a frame which is 19" or pref slightly over considering your height, such as Fenix Viki Gomez Frame in 19.2, or a cheaper option is the Colony Cube 2009, if your able to get it in 18.85TT, pretty cheap, same frame as newer model just with lifetime warranty.
Recommend KHE seatpost/seat, best feeling in the world, still using mine since I started flat years ago.
As far as wheels go, or back wheel in your case, get a geisha and make sure to maintenance it each month, i just buy the cheapest rims on the market since I always buckle them, newest primo's 7+ series is good, but expensive.
Everything else is just whatever to me, don't recommend a handlebar over 25" or over 9" pref, but this is seriously my own preference, some people like longer bars I guess....

Alternatively just buy a complete to get started.....would be a hella lot cheaper and change things when you see fit......in which case i'd recommend the DK Opsis, 2010 pref in white, might need to ask pat from ff if he's able to get one, it looks bad ass.

Enjoy flat.
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Phatman

Re: [Another] Full bike build help!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
If i were you, id get something along the lines of.... Flatware/Odyssey build. Brilliant quality & an amazing warrenty.