Author Topic: 2012 New Frames info  (Read 6510 times)

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
2012 New Frames info
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
So were in august,almost time to liquidate 2011 frames.Anyone have any info and/or pics of next years models?:beer:
One Last Ride.

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
Re: 2012 New Frames info
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
KHE A-damn 2012 : http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/995

Looks alright
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
Almost every company is OFF of model years. So dont look for too many "2012" models.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
Very limited New options then.
One Last Ride.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »
Very limited New options then.

Not really. You will just see new versions coming out at more random times and when there is a need for an improvement or change in an existing frame.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »
There are a lot, but a lot of options in the market right now. Like never before. Still we will see new frames. I think St. Martin will come out with the Jumelin model.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 02:29:53 AM »
Yes there a decent amount of options in frames out there.However,im a bit dissapointed that Flatframes have gone the straight tube/bmx style.Come 2 the point that there is hardly no difference in each.At least am seeing that were goin back on Stronger frames even if they gain a pound or so.Nothing wrong w/some style and whats up w/all these New frames in color Black?
One Last Ride.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
Yes there a decent amount of options in frames out there.However,im a bit dissapointed that Flatframes have gone the straight tube/bmx style.Come 2 the point that there is hardly no difference in each.At least am seeing that were goin back on Stronger frames even if they gain a pound or so.Nothing wrong w/some style and whats up w/all these New frames in color Black?

Wait around two years...the bendy tube frames will be back.  Black is the new florescent rims. 

I personally love all the options we have these days.  I've never seen bikes better in the last 25 years or so.  They're overall, better quality, designed better, more options and the fact that we have custom options(although expensive) is pretty cool.  What I would like to see are more beginner options out there, something for people on budgets. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
Well we dont have to go all bendi u know,just a few tweeks and unique designs is good.BUT yes there are good choices around.Custom is a great option for someone Not satisfied w/any model out there,but those prices are tough and Yes budget frames is a Nice idea.$300+frames is not in reach for many.
One Last Ride.

byke

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »
I think we have gotten over that ruff patch where we saw weight being such a dominance factor that it overshadowed practical use. However I still think there is a so much that can be improved on.
I am not bashing what's out there, but so much could be refined and improved.
I personally want to see hubs, forks and a few other parts redesigned from the ground up.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
Agreed.Riders are getting tired of weak frames sacrificing streingth for liteness.Also many riders are open to riding options Flat/Street without having 2 bikes.I would love to have a mix of oldschool and modern.I speak of frames but yes many parts have room for improvement.
One Last Ride.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »

I personally want to see hubs, forks and a few other parts redesigned from the ground up.

There are alot of parts like this that have not seen alot of mainstream attention for a few years.

a few select companies are pushing hub design but generally speaking the majority of companies are happy to rebrand a chinese model.

Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:30 AM »
Wait around two years...the bendy tube frames will be back.
When the whole 'weight' trend dies you will see bendy tubes.
I'll admit I hate straight tubes they getting old quickly.
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53:16 AM »
Huh,look at a Dans catalog street frame section,other than the colors,All frames look alike.The same seems to be happening w/flat frames.The Strowler is what i say should be a simple freestyle frame.Straight bmx style is just too plain in my opinion.
One Last Ride.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
Agreed.Riders are getting tired of weak frames sacrificing streingth for liteness.Also many riders are open to riding options Flat/Street without having 2 bikes.I would love to have a mix of oldschool and modern.I speak of frames but yes many parts have room for improvement.
thats what we were trying to do at ketch, strong ehough to ride, yet still light enough for the weannies