Author Topic: Blues six bikes : Nankai cone nuts  (Read 1012 times)

byke

Blues six bikes : Nankai cone nuts
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »
Does anyone have a direct email address for these guys?

I bought some Nankai titanium Nankai cone nuts and it seems that they have been made with the wrong thread? I think they may have used a 24tpi rather than a 26tpi.

Has anyone else got these ti cone nuts and have they worked for you?

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
Re: Blues six bikes : Nankai cone nuts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
It's funny that you post this because I thought I got some steel ones in 24tpi from Pat a few weeks ago.  I know your going to blow me off, but I'd try a little more force on the axle, and with a generous amount of grease, and see what happens. I know you know how to put on a nut, so do I, but I had a problem threading on some new ones, hence I think the threads may be pretty sharp and Blue Six is prolly going off the same specs as the steel ones that come from Nankai. After I gave mine a little force they went on fine. Good luck, Robby
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

byke

Re: Blues six bikes : Nankai cone nuts
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »
Cheers,
After emailing blue six it appears that the set I got from them were not compatable (a pair made on a Monday morning?) and I was advised to re tap them as the dye used just doesn't seem to be in sync with the Nankai bamboo 200 hub I have. I am sure with a steel axle I could crank them down, but I didn't want to risk it.

Luckily after emailing them directly (not through the site as it doesn't seem to work) I have been told I can expect a full refund. So maybe it was just a little bit of bad luck .... Good thing is they replied so we could try and work out a solution.