Author Topic: We want your feedback! New Global Outfit + Forum Update  (Read 16179 times)

Offline Jason Sparks

• Forkglider
Re: We want your feedback! New Global Outfit + Forum Update
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 08:54:58 PM »
Even when I go to the login drop-down tab and select the My Profile option it will take me to the profile>summery page. The profile>summery page does not have all the same options as the old profile page i.e. Photos,videos, or the friends contacts. Like I was saying in the previous post I made the only way I can get to the old profile page is to find a post in the forum that I made a post in and click on my name above my avatar in the post that I made. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:31 AM »
i'm getting used to this, i like it now, but it was an hard take at the beginning.
next time please say it in advance i don't know if i can survive something like this again. :-* .
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
Looking good mate, but im having quite a few compatibility issues with my phone (95% of my time here is by phone!) Im running a symbian Nokia, when i go on the post reply screen i can't type? I can only post with "quick reply"

Offline newstyle

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Sorry guys but I am realy disapointed from your new website. The old one was much better. This site look like in beta version , you have a lot of work to make it look nice. I don't like the title image and the big advertizing on it - it doesn't  fit well. Main navigation bar also doesn't look well at all - with this big buttons and not very good look icons, pull down menus are quite big and really annoying. Another bad thing is when you go to certain pages - like spots or tricks etc - the link is going to your old website - so your new website is not so new as it seems.
I like righ handed bar - it is very confortable for me. The page now looks much more clear and there is a lot of roof for the news - I like this decision, I hope when a page 2 of the news come out "old news" the page 2 will look just as page 1 - in your previews website when click on "older news" a strange list of titles was displayes - this is not very comfortable , because sometimes I am trying to find something that I liked .. to see it again , but when it on "old news" it is very diffucult to find it.

I hope you find some useful tips in my opinion , I like the idea to update this site , but I want to make it better that the previous one.

Best regards
Svetlozar Draganov

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »
Even when I go to the login drop-down tab and select the My Profile option it will take me to the profile>summery page. The profile>summery page does not have all the same options as the old profile page i.e. Photos,videos, or the friends contacts. Like I was saying in the previous post I made the only way I can get to the old profile page is to find a post in the forum that I made a post in and click on my name above my avatar in the post that I made. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you.

Ok, that's fixed now. Simply forgot about it earlier.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »
Looking good mate, but im having quite a few compatibility issues with my phone (95% of my time here is by phone!) Im running a symbian Nokia, when i go on the post reply screen i can't type? I can only post with "quick reply"

Try again now please.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
Is there a way to add the function to have user selectable number of threads being shown?

I'll look into that.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »
Sorry guys but I am realy disapointed from your new website. The old one was much better. This site look like in beta version , you have a lot of work to make it look nice. I don't like the title image and the big advertizing on it - it doesn't  fit well. Main navigation bar also doesn't look well at all - with this big buttons and not very good look icons, pull down menus are quite big and really annoying. Another bad thing is when you go to certain pages - like spots or tricks etc - the link is going to your old website - so your new website is not so new as it seems.
I like righ handed bar - it is very confortable for me. The page now looks much more clear and there is a lot of roof for the news - I like this decision, I hope when a page 2 of the news come out "old news" the page 2 will look just as page 1 - in your previews website when click on "older news" a strange list of titles was displayes - this is not very comfortable , because sometimes I am trying to find something that I liked .. to see it again , but when it on "old news" it is very diffucult to find it.

I hope you find some useful tips in my opinion , I like the idea to update this site , but I want to make it better that the previous one.

Best regards
Svetlozar Draganov

Yea man, lots of work left. We'll keep updating the site step by step. Since yesterday the articles site has the new look. I prepared a big update for the photo section. That will be much nicer than today.

The tricks section will be updated this week, not just the look but also new content.

A few of the points you mentioned are already on my list. I'll add the others. Thanks!

Offline Jason Sparks

• Forkglider
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 02:10:59 AM »

Ok, that's fixed now. Simply forgot about it earlier.
Thank you.

Offline ShowTime

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
Digging the updated site!  Now if I could just get Global Flat T-Shirts in white from the US Global Flat T-Shrit store I'd really be set.  B)

Offline sbbbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:45 PM »
Martin bang up job mate ;D

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
There's one thing that's been bothering me ever since the forum facelift:

It's the word "New" that shows up behind the topic name in case there were new replies in it. Is it possible to make that word appear in a different font than the topic name? It gets confusing sometimes, especially in the For sale section, e.g. Parts for sale New, atc.

Thanks in advance!

byke

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 02:39:55 AM »
I am still having issues with the sites iOS delivery of content (iPad 2 iOS 5 GM)
I often find I have to reload pages numerous times simply because many of the images that are used in the websites design, load the wrong images and substitute  other images from the image cache.