Author Topic: Are we appreciating what Martti is doing right now?  (Read 10871 times)

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
Are we appreciating what Martti is doing right now?
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
It seems like every other day Martti is posting up some new clip of him doing an insanely inventive/difficult new trick.  The video page on the Jungle Rider site is absolutely mind blowing... so much innovation it's ridiculous.  I mean, look at just these two clips...

MK FLIP

MK FLIP with barflip

...both filmed on the same day.  Like he just went out, thought up this madness, figured out how to do it, pulled it, and then starting pulling different variations of it.  Has there been progression in flatland like this since Kevin Jones in the late '80s?  I would say no, but that's just my personal opinion.

Make sure you check out this page if you haven't already...

http://junglerider.com/mk/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:05:07 PM by Burd »

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
Re: Are we appreciating what Martti is doing right now?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »
personally i'm really appreciating that insane bangers. :beer:.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
I do as well. It's amazing!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »

...both filmed on the same day.  Like he just went out, thought up this madness, figured out how to do it, pulled it, and then starting pulling different variations of it.  Has there been progression in flatland like this since Kevin Jones in the late '80s?  I would say no, but that's just my personal opinion.

I don't see why this is so surprising. He's one of the best riders in the world and his bag of tricks extends deeper than almost anyone elses. If you can't think of a new trick or switch to try that you can pull in one day you are not trying hard enough in my opinion.

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Do you appreciate Martti? Hell yea!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »
There is an interesting topic in the forum titled "Are we appreciating what Martti is doing right now?". Itīs obviously about all those mad videos Martti is posting every day lately. We can only say: hell yea! Keep it up Martti!

Check out the latest madness in case you missed it so far:
-
Flipping out Small | Large

-
MK Flip Small | Large

-
MK Flip with Barflip Small | Large

-
Back from Holiday
Small | Large

Here is the forum topic and Marttiīs Youtube Channel
Small | Large

Offline obstacle1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »
So f*cking crazy!!!!!!!!!

loque

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
No more than the appreciation ive had since starting flatland , martti has been a key innovator since along time ago and has never let his foot off the pedal in terms of pushing it so basically if you are not paying attention or need reminding that this needs to be respected and appreciated then you are a penis unconditionally .

Offline Esn

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
Love Martti and i love watching his videos thats why i wish he made some edits (like once a month or something).
Just hate having to look through 50 clips to watch him ride, i find that really annoying.
Props to him for what he is doing though.

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
I don't see why this is so surprising. He's one of the best riders in the world and his bag of tricks extends deeper than almost anyone elses. If you can't think of a new trick or switch to try that you can pull in one day you are not trying hard enough in my opinion.

No more than the appreciation ive had since starting flatland , martti has been a key innovator since along time ago and has never let his foot off the pedal in terms of pushing it so basically if you are not paying attention or need reminding that this needs to be respected and appreciated then you are a penis unconditionally .

Hmm.  Sorry doods, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with the OP, I was just trying to give Martti some respect.

deathsquad

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:28 AM »
Sweet

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »

I don't see why this is so surprising. He's the best rider in the world and his bag of tricks extends deeper than almost anyone elses. If you can't think of a new trick or switch to try that you can pull in one day you are not trying hard enough in my opinion.
fixed

loque

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »

Hmm.  Sorry doods, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with the OP, I was just trying to give Martti some respect.
No man its not you I am criticising  , its a general attitude .

Offline dexter @ Dessau

• Forkglider
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »
jes repect is what these killer moves need,

but for me i would love to NOT just seeing him making
super hard moves, for sometimes is like half pipe bmx, doing the impossible tricks never seen bevor, its a one way rout i think. flatland is a lot feelings. and he should
do some contests too, even if it is something he dont want to do, but come on!!!!!

just for the groupies out there!!

peace!

loque

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
jes repect is what these killer moves need,

but for me i would love to NOT just seeing him making
super hard moves, for sometimes is like half pipe bmx, doing the impossible tricks never seen bevor, its a one way rout i think. flatland is a lot feelings. and he should
do some contests too, even if it is something he dont want to do, but come on!!!!!

just for the groupies out there!!

peace!
Flatland really doesnt attract smart people does it . Hes DONE contests and won many they mean NOTHING no one f*cking remembers who won what contests 10 years ago all thats left is the tricks , Martti is right back at the essence of flatland right now pure progression for himself and for the enjoyment and mind opening of onlooking aspiring riders . People like you f*cking infuriate me i mean really questioning when someone is doing what they CLEARLY want to be doing wtf is that? shame on you .

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
 Would love to see the flip to X footed peg wheelie for some reason. Vlove these videos. And martti has done plenty of contest a few years back. C.o.b.,xgames, flatring, multi worlds contest, the list goes on and on.