Author Topic: Akihiko Takahashi new frame edit!  (Read 10030 times)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Akihiko Takahashi new frame edit!
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:44:48 AM »
f*ck

Jungle rider Akihiko Takahashi Small | Large

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
Re: Akihiko Takahashi new frame edit!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
When I see things like this...flatland in general. Theres something deeply spiritual about...its far beyond tricks...when you see Aki's riding it's him a complete expression of himself ,. Given that it's so hard to be true to yourself and express yourself on this kind of level, it makes his riding so amazing and beautiful too look at.Edits like these make me love flatland over and over again. Ridiculous riding.

Offline UFO

• Hitchhiker
    • UFOBMX
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:48 AM »
Thats Insane! That is one style no one can imitate.

Offline marco83

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
Thats Insane! That is one style no one can imitate.

it's not exactly the same style, but it's also all-backwards-rolling. check this video of my friend's riding in 2005.

BMX Flatland Session Small | Large

unfortunately, he quit riding shortly after this video. i guess if he'd still ride, he'd be at a pretty high level today.

ride on!
marco

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
no f*cking way

loque

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
Theres something deeply spiritual about...its far beyond tricks...when you see Aki's riding it's him a complete expression of himself ,. Given that it's so hard to be true to yourself and express yourself on this kind of level, it makes his riding so amazing and beautiful too look at.
Haha listen to yourself you are just talking complete utter nonsense on every imaginable level .

Amazing riding here that is NOT spiritual (wtf does that even mean? I think its the credit of emotions to something beyond the physical ie delusion. ) but is a great display of a human being with great dedication to his own concept , I applaud Aki as i do any rider with there own direction .

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »
I think I peed a little at 2:27...

Awesome smooth flowing style, kinda reminds me of Eno Yang and that one dude whos name I can't remember from one of the Intrikat vids-Japanese rider on a silver Quamen riding in a parking garage-super fast and smooth.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
Given that it's so hard to be true to yourself and express yourself on this kind of level, it makes his riding so amazing and beautiful too look at.
I applaud Aki as i do any rider with there own direction .

I think you guys are getting at the same thing here (deep appreciation for someone willing to push flat in their own unique way), so no need for conflict. Limited just has a different way of expressing what he feels about the riding. A lot of folks are equally blown away by the footage you put out, loque/clp.
I'll give it to you, though, Limited... takes a brave person to use the word "beautiful" on GF outside of the sexy girls thread. haha...

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

Awesome smooth flowing style, kinda reminds me of Eno Yang and that one dude whos name I can't remember from one of the Intrikat vids-Japanese rider on a silver Quamen riding in a parking garage-super fast and smooth.

I think you're talking about Tagi (?) in Background... dude was so ill bitd. I remember running into him in Tokyo with Bobby Carter; he hopped on my old Quamen G5 and was trying his links from that vid while wearing work boots. lol  He more or less quit riding to focus on a retail shop he was running in So Cal. Shame though... his flow was crazy and at the time the brakeless switches he was doing were really advanced.

loque

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
Given that it's so hard to be true to yourself and express yourself on this kind of level, it makes his riding so amazing and beautiful too look at.
I applaud Aki as i do any rider with there own direction .

I think you guys are getting at the same thing here (deep appreciation for someone willing to push flat in their own unique way), so no need for conflict. Limited just has a different way of expressing what he feels about the riding. A lot of folks are equally blown away by the footage you put out, loque/clp.
I'll give it to you, though, Limited... takes a brave person to use the word "beautiful" on GF outside of the sexy girls thread. haha...

Yeah il agree with that man .

Offline Flatpanda

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »
Simply another level. So so good

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 02:42:27 AM »
Dude's like watching a video on rewind.  :beer:

Offline black aspirin

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
Un-freaking-believable.  One of the best vids I've seen in a long time, and immediately one of my favorite riders.  Blows me away in the same way that Sam Foakes does...I'm a total sucker for the rolling trick combos.  So smooooooooth.

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
Insane. When I see vids like this it reminds how much Flat has progressed since the 1980s. Is there a 'then and now' video edit somewhere? With a 'trick' from say 85 in a contest, immediately followed by a 'link' from a 2010 contest, etc. I would love to see that kind of contrast depicted in a video montage. It'd be striking imo.
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »

I think you're talking about Tagi (?) in Background... dude was so ill bitd. I remember running into him in Tokyo with Bobby Carter; he hopped on my old Quamen G5 and was trying his links from that vid while wearing work boots. lol  He more or less quit riding to focus on a retail shop he was running in So Cal. Shame though... his flow was crazy and at the time the brakeless switches he was doing were really advanced.

You are correct-I remember being kinda bummed that his section as so short. Unbelievably smooth...

Thanks for jogging my memory! I've gotta get a working VCR so I can pull out the old tapes.