Author Topic: Ares Slayer Stem and Midi Hi bar spy photo  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Ares Slayer Stem and Midi Hi bar spy photo
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:30:45 AM »
We found that photo of the Ares Slayer stem prototype on their Facebook page. The photo shows a 35mm reach version that is currently being tested. The sandwich design is Ares patented. Weīre just not quite sure what itīs actually good for? It might be rather MTB oriented.

Whatīs definitely flatland oriented is the new Arestic Midi Hi bar prototype which you can see on the picture above. Really nice finish, further details havenīt been released yet.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: Ares Slayer Stem and Midi Hi bar spy photo
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
Are you f*cking kidding me? That's the same exact stem that Magicfruits just came out with, the Morich E-30 stem. And then you go and patent it? That's some shady ass stuff.

http://www.global-flat.net/live_feed/item.php?id=16633
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:51:15 PM by Rad255 »

Phatman

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
If you look at it carefully it is slightly different to the magic fruits stem. However i do agree its near enough a copy.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Do we have specs on the bars yet?  They look darn near old CW, GT or Schwinn bars from BITD.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 06:51:47 PM »
neat concept but does not look knee friendly at all what so ever,although magic fruits stem did.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
Chris- you should of looked at Kenji's while you where here, and yes its close enough in design as well.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »
the Tree collet stem uses a similar idea, but accomplishes it with 2 less bolts.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »
the Tree collet stem uses a similar idea, but accomplishes it with 2 less bolts.

yeah, but now talk Tree into making it 35mm reach (I would go for it), as opposed to 53mm

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »

My good ol' Macross stem FTW... not sure what's up with this Ares stem or even the newer Quamen stem with the bottle opener in it, but I'm just not feeling them. Stem technology just never strikes me as an area that needs nearly as much innovation as companies seem to put into it.  :huh:

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 01:37:43 AM »
Are you f*cking kidding me? That's the same exact stem that Magicfruits just came out with, the Morich E-30 stem. And then you go and patent it? That's some shady ass stuff.

http://www.global-flat.net/live_feed/item.php?id=16633

the magic fruits stem was on sale for quite some time. my friend bought the stem almost a year ago. really neat though. been tryin to get one in raw a while back but no luck since sold out quickly. no wonder ares made their own version and patented it just like the sadio plastic bb.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 03:19:06 AM »
Collet stem is Bad ass....by using this sammich design should we have lower stack heights...does that make any sense?