Author Topic: KHE Anchor bars  (Read 6565 times)

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
KHE Anchor bars
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:10:37 AM »
Does anyone use the anchor bars? I currently run the swissmiss bars but feel like they are too close, not the best description:/ I found it easier to do nose manuals on my street bike than my current flat setup. I know there will be other bar stem combo's I could try, but I get a good deal on khe parts and don't want to spend a lot of money on what may or may not solve my problem.
SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
Re: KHE Anchor bars
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
Waldamar (sp) uses them or he did for a while. I thought about getting them but alittle long for me

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:16 AM »
In all fairness a nose manual is really a street thing....
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:22:16 AM »
I've just ordered a set of these after snapping my Chase G's in two yesterday.... not sure of the difference between the first version and the second though so if someone can enlighten us it'd be good to know. the v1's are about half the price of the new v2s though!
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

byke

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:31:06 AM »
The v1 had a design error so they snapped easy at the stem I believe.

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »

I like to mix it up sometimes with a bit of street, plus I think longer reach might help with g turns as well.

I've just ordered a set of these after snapping my Chase G's in two yesterday.... not sure of the difference between the first version and the second though so if someone can enlighten us it'd be good to know. the v1's are about half the price of the new v2s though!
well let me know how they work, I'm going to give my current bars a few more weeks, been running them for 3 months, figure maybe I should persevere a bit longer before giving up on them. But it would be good to hear an opinion or two from riders who have used or using them.

SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

Offline hol23

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
a lot of friends of mine had them, they weren´t happy about them.... but try it out

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
a lot of friends of mine had them, they weren´t happy about them.... but try it out

any particular reason why they weren't happy about them? size?

?uest

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »

which started out as an "flatland thing"

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

which started out as an "flatland thing"

+1  :rolleyes:

Offline sneaker_freak

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »

Original versions came in 7.75 and 8.25 rise and 26" wide, new ones are 8.25 only and 27" wide and over 100g heavier.

The old ones crack around the stem and the coloured clamp melts under the pressure of riding!!
A friend of mine uses them and he's only about 9 stone.

On a positive note, the bar is very light, and good feel.

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »

Original versions came in 7.75 and 8.25 rise and 26" wide, new ones are 8.25 only and 27" wide and over 100g heavier.

The old ones crack around the stem and the coloured clamp melts under the pressure of riding!!
A friend of mine uses them and he's only about 9 stone.

On a positive note, the bar is very light, and good feel.

thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to go for the v2's I can chop a bit off either side. I'm a wee bit heavier than 9 stone :P so not sure I want to go for something that might not last that long.

Offline sbbbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »
Try Shawn at bizhouse for his bar stem combo much better design than khe stronger from an engineering point of view

LOU4130

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 05:47:28 AM »

who cares? riding is riding :wub: