Author Topic: Over 30 years old - "Old farts" thread  (Read 43398 times)

planck

Re: Over 30 years old - "Old farts" thread
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
I joined the 30+ 'old farts' a few weeks ago lol, looking forward to many more years of flat :)

Si.

Offline HUCK

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • www.huckindustries.com
« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »
I'm 34 years of age, and don't feel a day over 25 in my mind. But dude, my body feels well over 34. Beaten and battered! But I'm not giving up yet. As long as I can pedal that bike I'm gonna ride. Word up to Rad Dad! I hope I'm still rockin it at 40.

joelweevil

« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2007, 04:37:50 PM »
Huck, you said it. I met RadDad in austin this past april, and in talking to him, he is an inspiration to keep on chuggin' in this flatland game.

Offline HAROBRO

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »
HA! What's up guys? I'm 35. I started riding flat in 86' and stopped in 90'. I got back into in 2003 after watching some X-games flat contests. My jaw had dropped to the ground when I saw some of pros' riding. The reason for the jaw dropping was because I thought flat had died out in the 90's. Then I started looking at the bmxtrix website, when it was up and running, and found out that the person who started the website, Paul Vail, was someone I use to ride with. Pretty much after looking at vids after vids after vids on the web, I said MAN I NEED TO GET BACK INTO FLAT!!! It was still in my blood after all these years of not riding. I even amazed my wife. She didn't know my old butt could do tricks on an 18.75 frame. LOL!  Within a week of just messin' around I was doing decades,whiplashes,and hangfives like I never left the "game". It was like Michael Jordan when he retired then came back to basketball. THE FIRST TIME, that is. I guess what made me stay into it till this day is I'm not scared to do the tricks that I use to do because I still know the balance points. Hell, I didn't even rack my self doing my first decade after all those years of "retirement". So to end this, NEVER GIVE UP ON WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO! NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE! If flat is in you, IT WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOU!    PEACE!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 03:05:59 PM by HAROBRO »
Never mind my age.  I PULLED THE TRICK!

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2007, 12:22:47 AM »
This is the coolest thread and I don't mean that cuz I started it... when I posted it I never thought there would be so many of the same kind of peeps!

Ride on!

Offline volcanus

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »
So Im 31, guess I should leave my mark.  Havent ridden in several years, my kids are now old enough to ride so Ive got the bug really bad!  Gonna pick up a new bike in next couple of weeks.  Still not sure what to get, but Im reading through the forums daily trying to narrow down my choices.  Looking for something good for flatland and an occasional trip to the skatepark!  Cheers and keep pedaling...you OLD FARTS!

Offline BULLDOG

• My myspace page
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »
I'm soon to be 44 and am getting ready to either build a bike or get a complete. I started riding in 80 diong the race thing but we had no track in town so I kind of gravitated to freestyle. We did everything from ramp work to flatland. I rode until 89 when some kid came up on my porch and offered me an unbelievable amount of money for my bike so I took it and bought a car. I really miss riding because it was something that touched my sole in a way. I could go out and just shut out the whole world and be in my own universe. I'm sure you have been there too.

I have a 6yr old boy now and I taught him his first trick (endo) and saw the determination he had  and thrill in his face when he pulled it off just made me to want to ride again. I would love to ride with my boy and teach each other tricks.

Peace
Woody.........

joelweevil

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »
"You're never too old to feel young."

Offline cmc

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2008, 04:29:53 AM »
I'm soon to be 44 and am getting ready to either build a bike or get a complete. I started riding in 80 diong the race thing but we had no track in town so I kind of gravitated to freestyle. We did everything from ramp work to flatland. I rode until 89 when some kid came up on my porch and offered me an unbelievable amount of money for my bike so I took it and bought a car. I really miss riding because it was something that touched my sole in a way. I could go out and just shut out the whole world and be in my own universe. I'm sure you have been there too.

I have a 6yr old boy now and I taught him his first trick (endo) and saw the determination he had  and thrill in his face when he pulled it off just made me to want to ride again. I would love to ride with my boy and teach each other tricks.

Peace
Woody.........

..... As in WOODY ITSON ??? And the reason it was an unbelievable amount was because it was the gold plated Trick Star ??

norcalmutt

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2008, 04:44:34 AM »
you call me grandpa flatlander
ill take a bat to your candy arses
come on
make me enforce you

im 46 years old
and still ride flatland
stands up!!!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2008, 05:05:53 AM »
Yep Just turned 40 on December 3rd. Feels really good. Here is the Video from my Jam and couple of Pictures from the party at my home.

Good Times for sure

www.bmxfreestyler.com/video/4thdecadejam.wmv

Thanks for the shout out HUCK!!!

norcalmutt

« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2008, 05:18:19 AM »
yep went out riding today
good stuff

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2008, 06:46:42 AM »
Yep Just turned 40 on December 3rd. Feels really good. Here is the Video from my Jam and couple of Pictures from the party at my home.

Good Times for sure

www.bmxfreestyler.com/video/4thdecadejam.wmv

Thanks for the shout out HUCK!!!

Nice dude, that was cool. i have 6 more yrs before 40 hits me. What track was that in the vid?

Offline BULLDOG

• My myspace page
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
CMC- No I'm not Woody Itson.

I'm just Woody....

Peace

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »