Author Topic: Over 30 years old - "Old farts" thread  (Read 43391 times)

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Over 30 years old - "Old farts" thread
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
YEAH MIKE - i got psyched when i watched yer video - I'm 36 and have been busting consistently for 20+ years - it's funny ive been really mixing old with the new lately - boomerangs, decades i love that old ****, it rules.

Maybe I should come back when I turn 40 to the contest scene & show these kids what's up (HA HA).

Thanks man!

I'm working in a lot of older skool to newer skool tricks, I wanna combine a bunch of older to newer stuff... I friggin' refuse to be stuck on the front wheel rollin' around like the riding style seems to be now-a-days. Less seat grab tricks and more overall useage of the bike.

Boomerangs and decades rock! So do cherry pickers and pedal pickers! Hell yeah!!  :ph34r:

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2007, 03:27:14 PM »
I even went to woodward in 1988...

I was there that summer!  What week(s) did you attend?

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2007, 04:15:12 PM »
I was at Woodward in 88 the first two weeks of June, if I remember right...

Offline sharp4130

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
34 and still doing tricks on a little kids bike!

muldar43

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »
YEAH MIKE - i got psyched when i watched yer video - I'm 36 and have been busting consistently for 20+ years - it's funny ive been really mixing old with the new lately - boomerangs, decades i love that old ****, it rules.

Maybe I should come back when I turn 40 to the contest scene & show these kids what's up (HA HA).

Thanks man!

I'm working in a lot of older skool to newer skool tricks, I wanna combine a bunch of older to newer stuff... I friggin' refuse to be stuck on the front wheel rollin' around like the riding style seems to be now-a-days. Less seat grab tricks and more overall useage of the bike.

Boomerangs and decades rock! So do cherry pickers and pedal pickers! Hell yeah!!  :ph34r:

PEDAL PICKERS? You running a coaster brake? One of my favorite old skool tricks is a PEDAL PICKER to DECADE that was a cool move - that reminds me i forgot about BACKWARDS PEDAL PICKERS, cool stuff.....

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 05:06:20 PM »
I started when I was 19 after seeing the movie rad. I learned some tricks but I was never very impresive. I basicly stopped learning after fwd rolling tricks came around. I stopped riding some where around 93 or so. Back in 2003 my son who was 13 at the time wanted to be in the X games and wanted to learn to ride. I got him a skateboard and one for my self. After being out side with him everyday I kept thinking about freestyling on a BMX bike again. I got a bike rode for a hour and saw I forgot everything. Took the bike back. Watched a video instead and saw Matt Hoffman just about kill himslef and I said to my self I didnt even fall. So 2 days latter I got the bike again learned how to ride all over again now doing some fwd rolling tricks and made www.bmxfreestyler.com

Made a TON of new friends many of wich are on this message board.

Keep on Riding!!

ooo yeah I recently got to meet Chris Day. He was one of my big insperations BITD. He was in the first underground riders that I read about in freestyln. A new BMX legends interview will come soon.

Offline Guatiao

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2007, 01:04:39 AM »
36, will turn 37 in November, still ride, and probably will do so for a long time...

Offline jungldbll

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:28 AM »
31, started trying out "tricks" in like 84 or 85. Nothing but generic ass bikes for like 10 years, but they all had skyway pegs (yuck). Better than nothing though. Still makes me feel good, love it till the day I can't pedal anymore.

Offline Damian Bacci

• I want to be stereo typed, I want to be classified
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2007, 09:51:26 AM »
 I'm 33 and I love flatland as much as I did when I started back in 86...

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2007, 02:02:08 PM »
 I was telling my friend this but this sums it up totally for me:

Flatland makes me happy just like when I was a kid inside of Toys R Us looking for new toys.

Remember that feeling???  :beer:

norcalmutt

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO
BUT WAIT IM A TOY R US KID
I DONT WANT TO GROW UP
IM A TOY R US KIDDDDD
OK
enough of that
lates

Offline ANDREWBMXFLATLAND4LIFE

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 04:29:21 AM »
yes this is andrew, ive been riding since 1984, im 37 yrs old, im still riding about 4-5 days a week,still haveing fun riding, learn a hitchhiker very late last year,ride with a couple buddys ones a week and go to as many jams i can when i can fit it in my work for my business...ride 4 life peace

Offline khelagger

• Backpacker
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »
I was there that summer!  What week(s) did you attend?

I went the very last week it was 13th i think, greg flowers was camp counsler oh yeah and mike miranda we used to make fun of him "it's hollywood mike miranda his second wipeout of the day"  ^_^ . Do you remember bronco?  I went on the last week of 89 also which was fun we loaded up ramps on greg flowers truck because he took them to the infamous 2 hip meet the street comp in nyc.

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »
I remember all that stuff. Greg was a trip, he had started "bonehead" and I got some of his shirts, and stickers and stuff. I have a bonehead sticker on my woodward trunk still.

wasn't the guy that invented the toboggan there that year too. I forget his name, some bmx pro. But, he carried around that picture for all the campers to see.

I still have a huge batman pin that I got off Greg in a huge trade that summer.

Flatland in the barn, man that was a trip.

norcalmutt

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »
man there are some old ass stickers there and
you must be old school to have some of those
i got the original dyno detour sticker packer here
and in great shape too
lol
yeah it is a classic!