Author Topic: New Websites: SuperB and BMXFlatlandAustralia.com  (Read 5225 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
New Websites: SuperB and BMXFlatlandAustralia.com
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Two new websites were launched these days!

Shane about BMXFlatlandAustralia.com: "The site is designed to be the central place for riders in Australia to go whether they be fresh to Flatland or seasoned vets. It will have information about how to get started with riding, the DownUnderGround Flatland series that we run, where to shop locally, demos, videos and so on. And it will also be a valuable resource for riders overseas that are looking to visit or live in Australia too. Being that Australia is so far away from the rest of the world we´ve really had to work hard to get the scene up and continually moving forward and progressing... and we´re stoked that we are getting there!"

On www.aresbykes.com/superb you can find the official SuperB** website with all the information on their products. 

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
Re: New Websites: SuperB and BMXFlatlandAustralia.com
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »
Is it just me or does the frame cost more than US$ 600?

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
Is it just me or does the frame cost more than US$ 600?

Told you..

Frame looks good, whats the price range?

Its made by Ares so that will be something between 400 and 600 Euro's I think

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »
I miss when you could get the frame and fork for under $200.00.  Its not like its made of gold.  $600.00 is someones rent, or car payment.  YIKES. :huh: :huh:
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
I find it hard to believe that frame is really 600$. I've never seen a bmx street or flatland flatland frame that expensive before.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
It wouldn't cost that much if you bought it in America. Everything is super jacked up in Japan. Almost all Bmx frames over there hover around the $600.00 mark.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:23 PM »
It wouldn't cost that much if you bought it in America. Everything is super jacked up in Japan. Almost all Bmx frames over there hover around the $600.00 mark.
really? that's terrible is it because flatland parts are in high demand? Are all parts jacked up like this? I'm only asking because I know you went to Japan

byke

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
Superbad? ... at 600USD ... more like Shaft-ed

An interesting fact relating Japan to Paris (France)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
Ouch.  So much for making Flatland accessible to everyone. 

Not the direction I want to see things headed.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »
really? that's terrible is it because flatland parts are in high demand? Are all parts jacked up like this? I'm only asking because I know you went to Japan

There are a couple things at work here. First is the general proclivity for shopping in Japan and desire for premium items there (the Japanese are responsible for half the global purchases of Louis Vuitton). Dropping 50,000 yen for a frame isn't considered obscene.

Second is the horrible dollar / yen exchange rate lately. When I lived there it was 124 yen to the dollar so that SuperB frame would have only cost me $400. At today's rate it's $615.

Bikes and parts have always been more expensive there, but this exchange rate really exacerbates the issue.

All of that said, it is expensive, if you buy it there. I can't see that frame retailing for $600 stateside, but of course, it probably won't be widely or easily sold here anyway (like Ares).

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »
I wouldn't pay more than 369.00 retail for a frame and that's pushing it. Not super impressed with Ares quality to begin with. The other question is, how long has this frame been prototyped? Seems like everyone is in a mad rush to get product out on the shelf without proper testing time.

?uest

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:40:09 PM »
Odyssey's flatware frame didn't have enough testing time IMO

:P

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »
Interesting, I was going to mention Odyssey/Flatware in my post. I think 6-12 months is a proper time period to prototype a frame. We all know 2 years was too long. However, Odyssey/Flatware is confident enough to offer a lifetime warranty on the Waltz. I actually own the Waltz and very impressed with the craftsmanship.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Speaking of Auz...hope Karl(Pandy The GF Mod) is doing alright.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
Interesting, I was going to mention Odyssey/Flatware in my post. I think 6-12 months is a proper time period to prototype a frame. We all know 2 years was too long. However, Odyssey/Flatware is confident enough to offer a lifetime warranty on the Waltz. I actually own the Waltz and very impressed with the craftsmanship.

I have my fingers crossed that they'll make a longer version of the Waltz next year.  I really like that frame.