Poll

The winner is?

Molo
Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

Author Topic: ROUND 5: MASTER class OVER; winner - Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel  (Read 68591 times)

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
oh boy :D

Offline Talisayflat

• Hitchhiker
ronny is just saving some seconds in the battle ;D

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
I didn't see any touches..

And I know style is hard to define, but we think alike I hope. Anyway, if something like style is judged, it should be in 5 point scale - not as important as others.

as from the first rounds, the criteria was:

bike control
difficulty
originality

and I would add - variety as progress..

style is meant the bike control?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:22:08 AM by ondo »

Offline ivan-flaterOS

• Hitchhiker
  • Sonic!!!
In my case I meant that his style shows that he is on top of his tricks and he knows whats he doing by doing hard variations of some easier tricks for example by turbining a double foot hang 5.
Or did a pick the word for it hh ^_^

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Rather than requoting each of your challenges/questions..
Please check to see my amended original posting.

Regards
Trevor Lacey
Flat-ism

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Bmxism, I seriously don't think those were actual touches... I can see how they could be mistaken for dabs, but the motion of Ronny's body and bike didn't "twitch" the way it does when someone actually puts weight down and dabs during a trick. That, and the fact that I'm almost certain Ronny can reshoot and hit any tricks he might have touched on during filming easily. I think he takes his riding seriously enough to have too much pride in submitting half-assed footage. Just something to consider.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant

Regards
Trevor Lacey

They weren't touches, and you're still completely unqualified to be judging this. I hope you never get considered for any position of responsibility within bmx ever again.

Offline stunna, ville 1

• Backpacker
had to go with ronny ,but damn I love the rock,n,roll style spike, your awsome skilled....

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism

Regards
Trevor Lacey

They weren't touches, and you're still completely unqualified to be judging this. I hope you never get considered for any position of responsibility within bmx ever again.
Given that you're one of the forum's foremost mouthbreathers, I'll not take it too personally.

*goes off to self flagellate/weep for the rest of the afternoon*  lol
Flat-ism

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
BMXism, Just watch the video again closely. You can clearly see that he doesn't touch. You can even pause the video at certain moments if you need. Its really not hard to see.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant

Given that you're one of the forum's foremost mouthbreathers, I'll not take it too personally.

*goes off to self flagellate/weep for the rest of the afternoon*  lol

Awww baby mad.

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
Giving this one to Spike 443

Difficulty: Ronny 7/10 Spike 7/10
Style:      Ronny 6/10 Spike 6/10
Originality: Ronny 6/10 Spike 7/10
Touches: Ronny 2...   Spike 0!
Ronny touches at least twice!! maybe possibly 3 times...

Is ronny w/o a chain??

bmxism

i couldnt resist ;) so here it is  ^_^ :rolleyes:
btw: who are you/whats your real name?

since bmx masters i have a bad injury on my leg so i cant ride for weeks now.
so i also cant go to work thats why i had the time to put together a lil edit for you  :wub:
PS: dont take it too serious man ;)

for bmxism

HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh....I dont even know how to respond to bmxism. I know that this is a discussion of relevance, but what im confused about is how you could take such a beautifully flowing style, one that appears to be done without effort...and NOT consider it just amazing. Ronny is by far one of my favorite riders because he does tricks that not alot of people do, in a really unique way. Take the pedal spin he did....it *looked* like he was on the peg. Not because he was, but because he had the position so correct that he spun with ease. He has that riding style where his body is always where it should be, so he doesnt have to flail or put extra finesse just to whip out or transition into something. It looks effortless.

The amount of transitions and switches in some of the combo's combined with no breaks equates to higher difficulty in my flatland logic.

I dont have a real vote, but if i did it would be to vote bmxism out.

Shoutout to luke for his ridiculous control. Those boom's to hang 5's are superb. And as much as I love rayk's style, I thought nene won the last one, regardless of the chain :) But kudo's to both for such good sportsmanship!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 5: MASTER class (MICHELE vs misterpola)
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2011, 05:34:45 AM »
Quarterfinal battle:

MICHELE

vs

misterpola

You have 4 days!
Run limit is 1min 30sec.

spike443 vs Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel (1:4)

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
^Well done to Ronny!
Flat-ism

Offline spike443

« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
Yeah, Ronny slayed it.  He had me on difficulty, for sure.  I think the votes I got were either New England guys or people who just prefer my "style" (a preference, like blondes vs. brunettes).  Which is another way of saying execution and technique.  E.g. How I do a trick that is distinctly different than someone else.  It's an undeniable part of the package, but I beat myself up for perhaps relying on it too much.

As far as difficulty, I always think the hardest trick is the one I can't do.  If I nail it just once, I know I can own it.  Just a matter of time.

Through this, I've received really positive insight into where I can improve, and in having to watch myself ride, some geat insight to how to improve, as well as trick ideas.  It was also so fun pushing myself to ride as much as possible and the time spent with my wife and kid filming.

Ronny, take care, take time to heal and stay healthy.  You want to be ripping as hard as you do now, when you're my age!  :)

Thanks to the riders and judges and most of all Ondo for making this happen.  Can we vote to double what he's making?

New England riders, see you this weekend at the Flatland Fracas!

Man, I'm long-winded.

Rich
spike