Poll

The winner is?

Molo
Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

Author Topic: ROUND 5: MASTER class OVER; winner - Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel  (Read 68593 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Quarterfinal battle:

spike443
90 Seconds Global Flat Small | Large

vs

Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel
Ronny Engelmann - GF 2

TAKU vs Luke (0:5)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Death Truckin' vs. The Turbine/Spin Vortex... can't wait to see the judges call on this one! Feels like watching an episode of Ultimate Warrior; two guys from two different eras using different types of technology to fight it out. lol (excuse the geek moment there).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:14:25 PM by Ultraman Zoffy »

You mean "Deadliest Warrior"..Haha,  I out-geeked you there!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
You mean "Deadliest Warrior"..Haha,  I out-geeked you there!

Haha... you're right! I only saw it once or twice, but it came to mind watching Spike and Ronny's edits. Judges will have to determine whose weapons win out..

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
This is my favorite battle so far; I love the contrasting styles of these two riders.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Have to go with Ronny here and I'll explain why.

Spikes stuff is hard. It's not that original, but a lot of it is very difficult. However, it's not difficult in the same way that ronny's is difficult. Ronny's tricks are things that you are really only going to be able to do if you have worked on a series of tricks of the same theme for a very long period of time. Spike's stuff really isn't like that. For example, I don't think you can really do turbined pedal megaspin without scuffing to rollaid without first being very comfortable in a number of megaspin variations, as well as having rollaids absolutely dialed. With spikes stuff, say deathtruck to coasting stick b, I don't see that as being a switch that's going to take as many steps to learn as what Ronny did.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but the devil is in the details in this one.

Well said, TJ.

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel gets my vote.

I have to agree with TJ here. Both guys have done hard stuff in their vids but Ronny's tricks/links just require much more prerequisites before one can actually learn them.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
For me this is real tough to compare, two totally different styles but both bad ass. Real stoked how both riders crammed a ton of tricks into 90 seconds.

spike 443- Lots of skills, wide variety of bike positions, cool variations. No Handed Forwards Rope, One Handed Undertaker, nice.

Ronny- Awesome style, well rounded; rockin' front and rear links. Not sure why there is cross-fades between a few of those clips; maybe to hide touches or to jam more tricks into 90 seconds. I'm going to go with the latter. I also can't tell if there's a functional transmission on that bike, I see cranks but can't tell if there's a chain and saw no cranking action. That pedal Megaspin turbine isn't nearly as tough without a working tranny, but dope either way, especially linked to the foot jam Decade. So many bad ass front wheel switches that I can't list them all. Real stoked on the turbine Hang Ten.

For this battle I think Ronny is the victor.
instagram.com/intrikatbmx

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Giving this one to Spike 443

Difficulty: Ronny 7/10 Spike 7/10
Style:      Ronny 6/10 Spike 6/10
Originality: Ronny 6/10 Spike 7/10
Touches: Ronny 2...   Spike 0!

Is ronny w/o a chain??

Further comments and answers to the following questions:

There was no particular order in my above listed critera!

My interpetation of style is: an overall execution encompassing all of the critera components.

Ronny touches at least twice!! maybe possibly 3 times...please recheck around the  1.09-1.10,  and a third a few seconds from the end!?)

Bike control: Spike 9/10 Ronny 8/10 because of the minor dabs!

bmxism/Trevor Lacey

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:42:11 AM by bmxism™ »
Flat-ism

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant

Ronny touches at least twice!! maybe possibly 3 times...

Is ronny w/o a chain??

bmxism

I'm sorry, but how are you a judge?

What touches are you even referring to? Do you even understand what I wrote about varying degrees of difficulty? Did you even watch the videos?

I know Ronny already won without this vote so what you say is inconsequential, but I think anyone that imagines touches in video battles should never be allowed to judge a thing.

EDIT:

Also, STYLE? Really?

Again, who the f*ck are you and why are you judging?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:37:11 AM by 2flat2furious »

Offline DennyFlatlandBMX

• Deathtrucker
do you really think ronny is that bad that he uses  combos for the battle video with his foot on the ground? come on...

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker

Style:      Ronny 6/10 Spike 6/10
Touches: Ronny 2...   Spike 0!

Is ronny w/o a chain??

If style is ONE of your four judging parts then what do you think this is? This isn't a fashion show. I really hope that you are referring to stuff like execution and how safe the combos seem but I am not sure about that.

to clearify something: no, ronny is not without a chain. So don't hesitate about that, but I am sure ronny will speak for himself too.

and I would like to know which touches you are referring to?  The one slight slide over the floor that didn't affect the combo at all?

saying that he touched 2 probably 3 times just seems to me as if you did not take the time to look at the videos how it is supposed to be.

it's cool that you wanted to help out with the judging, but if you want to do it, do it right

Offline ivan-flaterOS

• Hitchhiker
  • Sonic!!!
My vote goes to Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

I also agree with TJ. Spike had some really hard links and even original but I believe that Ronny had him on both difficulty and style that shows a lot more skill and control on both wheels.

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant

Is ronny w/o a chain??

bmxism

i couldnt resist ;) so here it is  ^_^ :rolleyes:
btw: who are you/whats your real name?

since bmx masters i have a bad injury on my leg so i cant ride for weeks now.
so i also cant go to work thats why i had the time to put together a lil edit for you  :wub:
PS: dont take it too serious man ;)

for bmxism Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:59:15 AM by Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel »