Poll

The winner is?

Kevin Brill @ Kassel
Denny @ Gottingen

Author Topic: ROUND 5: EXPERT class OVER; winner - Kevin Brill @ Kassel  (Read 72936 times)

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
Re: ROUND 5: EXPERT class (Rick Macdonald vs malibu)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
it's a nice battle i like both your stiles and you are both original.

but my vote goes to Rick Macdonald, you did short combo but that were intese how i like them and i wasn't expecting some tricks for example i loved the decade to gerator.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 05:04:28 PM »
Rick MacDonald continues to win if he keeps using that song!  Finally, a song in a flatland video I really like.

Ha, ha...nice videos guys!  Great to see different tricks than what is normally in videos these days. 

That was a great battle. 
"A puppet no more!"

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
Thanks Tod! I may not have the difficulty, I am trying to make up for it with energy, originality and music!

A lot of these videos have amazing tricks, but they aren't very good videos...that can make a difference.     ^_^

Good luck everybody....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:18:49 AM by Rick Macdonald »

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
Thanks Tod! I may not have the difficulty, I am trying to make up for it with energy, originality and music!

A lot of these videos have amazing tricks, but they aren't very good videos...that can make a difference.     ^_^

Godd luck everybody....

Rick, honestly...I think you have the difficulty.  I know you think your tricks are old, but you also have a skill set that a lot of riders lack.   Just the variety...being able to roll, scuff, use brakes, originality...your riding is well rounded. 

Anywho, look forward to seeing your video in the next round.
"A puppet no more!"

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »
I'm about to go ride now and see what I can come up with...submitting a longer and better video each time is tough if I make it any further!!!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
Ya I feel ya especially when you can't repeat tricks! Nice edit by the way. RIDERZ4LIFE

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Thanks for reminding me..damn!

I guess I have to pick the absolute best combo containing a gerator...I have been doing hundreds of tricks into and out of that trick for so long it will be hard to decide.

and I hope I don't battle you man!

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
* Each battle video must be different. Only beginners can repeat their single tricks and combos. Adding a variation or a link to a combo, counts as a new combo. Run variation is the main goal.

So Ondo, If I have a few combos in 1 video...and within those combos a trick like gerator is repeated, is that OK?

Counts as new combo, right? I am trying to make longer combos although it has never really been my style. Many new combos, each with all new tricks is going to be hard to do! But I am up for the challenge.... ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:19:42 AM by Rick Macdonald »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:44 AM »
Just so it's clear to me, I am judging this class correct? I never voted in the pine/paulo battle so I'm not sure where ondo got 5:0. Pine, your video was great, but you should have put more in it. You more than likely could have won had you done another link that was different enough from the first.

Rick gets my vote for the other battle, but Malibu, please battle again sometime. That backwards karl to peg wheelie really caught me off guard in a really good way. Great line.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
* Each battle video must be different. Only beginners can repeat their single tricks and combos. Adding a variation or a link to a combo, counts as a new combo. Run variation is the main goal.
So Ondo, If I have a few combos in 1 video...and within those combos a trick like gerator is repeated, is that OK?
Counts as new combo, right?

Right! You can repeat tricks in combos. You can't repeat single tricks like whoppers.

If you change just one trick in a combo, you can repeat it, but still, the more variety, the better score and progression no doubt.

Just so it's clear to me, I am judging this class correct? I never voted in the pine/paulo battle so I'm not sure where ondo got 5:0.

Yes, everything's correct. It's just when we have 3:0 votes and to speed things up, I just put 5:0 as if it's a victory anyway!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:51:45 AM by ondo »

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
but if you add something to the whopper you can repeat it rigth?

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
but if you add something to the whopper you can repeat it rigth?

yes, sure!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 5: EXPERT class (binhoflat vs keegan)
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »
Next battle:

binhoflat
binho global-flat Qualification Small | Large

vs

keegan
Global- Flat Qualifying Round "Keegan Avles"

Rick Macdonald vs malibu (5:0)

Offline Maax

• Forkglider
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »
im going to try the last combo of Binhoflat ^^

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »
this was pretty hard for me to decide i had to watch both videos like 8 times but
my vote goes to binhoflat.
because there is more variety in his video and some nice bangers.

binhoflat you make the whopper from the pedals with the foot switched (he throws the frame with his front foot) and that is a crazy sh*t it makes it harder even if when you watch it nothing change.