Poll

The winner is?

freshmaker
manniedamaniac

Author Topic: ROUND 5: BEGINNER class OVER; winner - manniedamaniac  (Read 70050 times)

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
Re: ROUND 5: BEGINNER class (Maax vs iceqb25)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
Also, no cranks makes hitchhikers  and front wheel tricks harder cuz the center of weight is more towards the front

Offline stunna, ville 1

• Backpacker
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 09:28:46 AM »
OK I have a few points to make,Maxx ,mcircle rideout, clean and I have tried before from forkwhips,to do that still struggle, only pulled it a couple of times,the bar hop, still after 18 years riding ,never had the nerve, almost hit my head  once on the side of my friends house,{Itold him to hold the bike still while I jump over the bars,and got caught up luckily not knocking myself out...and I have nevr did a megaspin that clean,my vote is for maxx
2nd,ice,You had more variety  I guess but for real hitchikers and hang fives ,all that stuff is too easy without the cranks, I rode for two years without cranks, I understand having gear issues,or hub issues, that is why I did it, but most of the time ,and even now ,i'm working on hitch jugglar moves and usually it is the pedals that mess me up,making the tricks harder,but that is PART OF THE BICYCLE MECHANIC,u had good riding,but just get them cranks on...AND LET"S JUST PAIR UP ALL THE CRANKLESS RIDERS<if people are still going to summit footage that way....and whoever is the final crankless wonder will be the runner up for the winner of the battle reguardless....

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »
OK I have a few points to make,Maxx ,mcircle rideout, clean and I have tried before from forkwhips,to do that still struggle, only pulled it a couple of times,the bar hop, still after 18 years riding ,never had the nerve, almost hit my head  once on the side of my friends house,{Itold him to hold the bike still while I jump over the bars,and got caught up luckily not knocking myself out...and I have nevr did a megaspin that clean,my vote is for maxx
2nd,ice,You had more variety  I guess but for real hitchikers and hang fives ,all that stuff is too easy without the cranks, I rode for two years without cranks, I understand having gear issues,or hub issues, that is why I did it, but most of the time ,and even now ,i'm working on hitch jugglar moves and usually it is the pedals that mess me up,making the tricks harder,but that is PART OF THE BICYCLE MECHANIC,u had good riding,but just get them cranks on...AND LET"S JUST PAIR UP ALL THE CRANKLESS RIDERS<if people are still going to summit footage that way....and whoever is the final crankless wonder will be the runner up for the winner of the battle reguardless....

crankless does make hang 5s easier but not hitchhikers, i think it makes it harder. i do them alot better with the cranks. but i also have a broken freecoaster and im painting my bike soon so those are some other reasons i took them off. im putting them back on after i paint my bike and get a new freecoaster. but that wont be for awhile so i hope i wont get judged because i have no cranks. like i said, i can do the same tricks with or without them

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »
Ice, I'm not stupid. I've ridden without cranks for a session before. It makes your bike light enough so you can throw it around and balance with it however you want pretty much. A whole part of learning hikers is avoiding the pedals which isn't easy to do.

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
I just remember, last Battle there has been a Discussion about brakeless And with Brakes..
If this Discussion will take longer please Open a topic in any Forum!
1Champ BMX Mailorder

?uest

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
A whole part of learning hikers is avoiding the pedals which isn't easy to do.

+1

sorry dude, no cranks no win
this is BMX flatland not scooterville USA

your entry should have been disqualified from the get go

stfu Richi, its all relevant to this issue at hand
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:26:52 PM by ?uest »

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
Yeah, I think a bike without cranks is like a scooter too and I hate it.

"Should a bike have cranks?" is like "Should a bike have brakes?": There are many different opinions on these.

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »

"Should a bike have cranks?" is like "Should a bike have brakes?": There are many different opinions on these.
Thats what i mean :)
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
definition of a bicycle:

bicycle [ˈbaɪsɪkəl]
n
(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) a vehicle with a tubular metal frame mounted on two spoked wheels, one behind the other. The rider sits on a saddle, propels the vehicle by means of pedals that drive the rear wheel through a chain, and steers with handlebars on the front wheel Often shortened to cycle (informal) bike
vb
(intr) to ride a bicycle; cycle
[from bi-1 + Late Latin cyclus, from Greek kuklos wheel]
bicyclist , bicycler
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »
vote goes to Maax

His run was good, but not as good in variety as iceqb25, really tight, but still he wins, because iceqb25 had 7 seconds too long run and that was a -1 in my view.

Last vote to Aeons of Flat.

Please stop the crankless discussion, it's going nowhere.

?uest

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »

just like a CRANKLESS bike

hardy har har :P

Offline Maax

• Forkglider
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
vote goes to Maax

His run was good, but not as good in variety as iceqb25, really tight, but still he wins, because iceqb25 had 7 seconds too long run and that was a -1 in my view.

Last vote to Aeons of Flat.

Something i don't know ... If Ice or me loose this round ... we are out of the contest ? or we have a battle with other rider ? ... thanks

He have more variety because his runs are most short
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:40:57 PM by Maax »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »

Something i don't know ... If Ice or me loose this round ... we are out of the contest ? or we have a battle with other rider ? ... thanks

The one who recieves the last vote - proceeds further on the next quarterfinal battle, but the other one is out of the contest!

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »
Ice, I'm not stupid. I've ridden without cranks for a session before. It makes your bike light enough so you can throw it around and balance with it however you want pretty much. A whole part of learning hikers is avoiding the pedals which isn't easy to do.

true, except i learned all my tricks with cranks so its hard getting used to the different balance point. but i can put them back on if its that big of a deal. but like i said, my freecoaster is a little messed up and my cranks spin forwards sometimes

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
My vote goes to MAAX.
Difficulty, adhering to time limits, backwheel link was nice.

Very close though, I watched both videos several times. Ice's boomerangs were great!