Author Topic: Indonesia: Rotation Products - The Flatland Boy frame  (Read 33741 times)

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
Re: Indonesia: Rotation Products - The Flatland Boy frame
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »
:rolleyes:

-is that a bar/stem combo? if not, do you need the compression bolt to keep the headset tight?
please let me know, I really like the look of this stem if its not a combo. Then I can get a longer TT frame and still have zero offset, and not worry about pushing my bars forward.

Offline fredzilla

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
i love this frame but wot the hell is going on with the cc that can only make it weaker and heaver

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »
Any of you talking sh*t about this frame running an 18t or smaller sprocket, really should reconsider what they're saying.  This frame is for all of you running those silly, super tiny sprockets and would go even smaller if their crank arms would let them.  So small in fact, that the only thing keeping you from achieving that dream is the chain stays.  This frame has done away with that, so you are now free to go as small as you would like. 
Honestly, how do you justify having a sprocket so small?  I highly doubt that it's not because you're doing tricks that the sprocket actually gets in the way.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline escapefrombmx

• Backpacker
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
actually it's because of the 'general consensus' that a bike has to have drive train.
if not, then we can remove all parts below the junction where the seat tube and tt meet.
THEN we will have all the space in the world.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »
In all honesty, the rear end looks much stronger than any tradition rear end with a wish bone for either or both the chain and seat stays.  I wonder if any of the people talking sh*t about it's strength have ever actually broken a frame they were riding, or do tricks that put enough stress on their frames to break them.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
If I had the money I would buy one just to have.  I think when its built up it gives you a great look at how it all comes together.  Looks different of whats going on right now, with the straight tube trend, but if it had modern day bottom bracket and headtube how many would ride this frame?
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 01:19:13 PM »
In all honesty, the rear end looks much stronger than any tradition rear end with a wish bone for either or both the chain and seat stays.  I wonder if any of the people talking sh*t about it's strength have ever actually broken a frame they were riding, or do tricks that put enough stress on their frames to break them.

Do you go from straight lines straight to squares in American pre-schools? You need to get acquainted with the TRIANGLE boy!

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »

Do you go from straight lines straight to squares in American pre-schools? You need to get acquainted with the TRIANGLE boy!

Here, let me reiterate:
In all honesty, the rear end looks much stronger than any tradition rear end with a wish bone for either or both the chain and seat stays. 

Wish bone rear ends.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

Here, let me reiterate:
In all honesty, the rear end looks much stronger than any tradition rear end with a wish bone for either or both the chain and seat stays.  

Wish bone rear ends.

Why would that be?  I think many a frames over the years have used a wishbone for a reason.  Lot's of street frames have em...and I HIGHLY doubt this frame is stronger than a double triangle, wishbone design frame.  

I don't think the designer of this frame had strength in mind...and that's okay.  It was designed with one thing in mind...maximum clearance for flatland.  

Send me one...I'll ride some gaps with it...see how it holds up. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:01:34 PM by tod miller »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
I've never cracked the seat stays from the seat tube on a non-wishbone frame.  I can't say the same for a frame with a wish bone. 

Offline yayi

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
Wew Indonesia is a unique country ranging from culture to sport. I was told that thepeople likes bmx lovers of handmade work ,they do not like something similar / monotonous .

I like this frame, I think this is a production house. A good imagination and when I see pictures from facebook mr.bon2 he has a lot of hand-made frames. login your facebook and look ==> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1057099901556.2011837.1047620220

differences that make us unique, please do not insult other people's work because you can not necessarily do it exactly the same. those who blaspheme the work of another person is a person who does not have a mind, a sense of humanity, and solidarity ...

good work sir bon2, although many are insulting your work, you must be a spirit .....

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:05:19 PM by yayi »

Offline HUCK

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • www.huckindustries.com
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »
Jad 'Sherman' much? Anyone who has been riding since '95 knows what I'm talking about!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:17:15 PM by HUCK »

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
Jad 'Sherman' much? Anyone who has been riding since '95 knows what I'm talking about!

Huck do you remember the bike test they had on this beast.  HUGE gaps and handrails and the frame was solid
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.