Author Topic: Joplin, Missouri flatlanders in need!  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
Re: Joplin, Missouri flatlanders in need!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
Please make a donation to The Bridge.

Thanks for the heads up on that Pat.  Very good to know.

Offline UFO

• Hitchhiker
    • UFOBMX
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/78181/snapshots/216563/

Zoom Out and you can clearly see the path of destruction

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »
Just caught and up to date section on hln...they had this father crying , because he couldn't find one of his two sons.  I don't want to go into what happened , but it truly floored me when he said his son's cell phone was ringing , and now its just going to voice mail.

Being a father of two myself, I just couldn't imagine being put in that man's shoes.   I just hope and pray that he does in fact find his son, and that he is doing okay.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »
I made a donation last night.

I've been to Jomopro three years in a row.  It is one of my favourite contests/trips every year, which is greatly attributed to the hospitality of the staff of the Bridge/Foundry, which I feel are a very good representation of most of the people in Joplin.

To any riders that watched any of the jomo videos, and especially the ones that attended, please consider making some kind of donation, even if it isn't too big, at least its something.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
BMXer Lantz Hare, a regular at Autumn Skatepark and The Bridge, was found dead today in Joplin, MO. RIP Lantz.

In the link below you will see Dan Mitchell telling the story of the search for Lantz. Many of you dont know Dan, even those of you who have been to Jomopro. He is always behind the scenes. But he is one of the biggest bmx supporters anywhere. He started The Bridge and Autumn Skatepark and runs it today. He is one of the main people behind Jomopro flatland and its success. He is the guy that will drive 150 miles after midnight to go to Arkansas and pick up Panama flatlander Jorge Vasquez at the airport. A selfless individual who gives everything to everyone. First in BMX and The Bridge and now he is spending every waking moment helping his community in the aftermath of this tragedy. Please help Dan and The Bridge and send them a donation.http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2011/05/26/exp.arena.lantz.hare.found.cnn.html
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
^very sad news...also on my first post , the father ended up finding his son, and he did not make it.

This is just a wake up call for me and for countless thousands that should never take one day for granted. 

I just hate to see things like this happen to great individuals.