Author Topic: Joplin, Missouri flatlanders in need!  (Read 6714 times)

Offline abozny

• Funky Chicken

Offline stunna, ville 1

• Backpacker
Re: Joplin, Missouri flatlanders in need!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
I prey for those in joplin,so sad, seen the place I ate at during the weekend of jomo on the news cast looked like across the street and behind the bridge,Looked like I seen a building in one report,may have been the bridge, they said 75% of the town is ruined....

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
"Rohr said the twister cut a path nearly 6 miles long and more than a half-mile wide through the center of town, adding that tornado sirens gave residents about a 20-minute warning before the tornado touched down on the city's west side."

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
From what I know so far is that The Bridge survived and all of The Bridge staff and families are safe. For anyone that has been to Jomopro you know how wonderful the people of this town are to all of us. Have a good thought for them. Donate to the red cross if you can. There are going to be a lot of people in Joplin that will need help.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »
Saw the footage on the CND news. Very sad situation.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »

Backyard view at it passing onto Joplin.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
What is kind of insulting is that the mods moved this thread to Open Talk. Open Talk does not get as much traffic as General Flatland and is the place for talk that is NOT about flatland. Yet to us flatlanders, Joplin is all about flatland and we have connections to Joplin because of flatland. I have requested they move this back to General Flatland but they have ignored me.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline riderx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »
i agree w pat

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »
Same... I do not think people understand the amount of devastation. 130 confirmed dead. Several missing.

I would be there right now helping out if i were not flooded into my town. More tornados in the OKc/Norman/Guthrie area. F5 level. Tornado near guthrie flinging shingles *40+ miles* to Stillwater.

Prayers with fellow riders in OKC and Stillwater.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:02:20 AM »
With respect to the MODS...We forget they too are human beings with stuff going in their life we don't know about.

Perhaps a new post in the General section, and have a reference in the title with "Jomopro, Joplin MI, Devastation" some thing along those lines.

It is horrific what's happened there...in some cases some don't have family support to turn towards is heartbreaking.
I pray no one in such a disaster feels alone. Hopefully those suffering will find each other.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Sorry if i upset anybody by moving this to open talk.... I've never even heard of Joplin and did'nt realise the connection with flatland... My thoughts are with the riders and their families...

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »
Sorry if i upset anybody by moving this to open talk.... I've never even heard of Joplin and did'nt realise the connection with flatland... My thoughts are with the riders and their families...
that's what I figured. I know your based in the UK so we really can't blame you bro.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
that's what I figured. I know your based in the UK so we really can't blame you bro.

agreed. No problem khe killah. Thank you to the mods for moving it back.

As of now 125 people have died, thousands injured and many still missing. More than 2000 homes completely destroyed. Many others with significant damage including flatlander Jeremiah Andersen's home. Jeremiah also runs The Bridge and is the founder of Jomopro. Hundreds of businesses are destroyed and thousands of jobs lost. Then of course is the complete destruction of one of the two major hospitals. The destruction is beyond belief. Look here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/devastating-pictures-of-the-joplin-missouri-torna

Of course every major relief organization has a presence in Joplin. They still need our help. The staff, volunteers and community of the Bridge (the same people who provide us with the outstanding facility and hospitality at Jomopro) are working around the clock to help people in their community affected by this tragedy. This is a non-profit organization that runs on a financial shoe string. They need our help. Please make a donation to The Bridge. All the money they are bringing now is going to support their disaster relief efforts. Go here directly to donate:

http://www.thebridgejoplin.info/

Go here to keep up with what The Bridge is doing right now:

http://thebridgejoplin.com/

Please help keep this thread and awareness alive by posting your thoughts. Leave a post if you have gave a donation to The Bridge, The Red Cross or anyone else. Dont mention the amounts but remember that even if its only $10 you are providing a lot of help.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:31:29 PM by PSchoolen »
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com